Autosport International

G

Who is going and what day? Keep an eye out for club members.

I am there on Friday 10th Jan with Neil and Julian.

Malcolm

See you there on Friday
cool.gif

Hi All,
See you all there on friday
I intend to look at turbo installations for the small block chevy's

regards

Dave
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

G

I have been looking for some considerable time now for a wide decked,preferably covered, trailor to take the 917 but to no avail. I am discussing with various manufacturers at Autosport Show about what they can supply but i would far rather put cash into one of your pockets. So before i commit myself does anyone out there have or know of a trailor with a deck width of at least 7 feet by 16 feet long.Can be tatty and unloved but basically sound.
Regards,
GTA.

G

GTA

Make one, I did and it isn't difficult. If I can, I know you can! You can design it to suit the car perfectly and it will cost less. There are also kits out there and all you do is buy some extra steel to increase the width! However if you want someone else to build, it may be worth talking to Martin W as he had a trailer made to a spec. Brian James Trailers made it, I think. That is a nice trailer. However I also have a contact who makes weird and wonderfully odd cars, and he could make a trailer to your spec if you wanted him to. He did all the welding on my trailer for me. One days work. Just depends on his work load. Call me to discuss if you want to.

Malcolm

G

Malcolm,
I know it is not difficult and i have the space and knowledge to do it. What i do not have is the time as you already know as you are still waiting for my magazine article!!!!
I have just mailed Paul Bearman who kindly contacted me direct with the problem of too much to do and not enough hours in the day to do it.I do not want to have to redesign the wheel when its already out there somewhere!!
I have never been so busy doing so many things in my life before and 2003 is going to be manic!!!!!
May see you Friday at Autosport Show but in meantime please keep looking for very wide decked low slung trailer.
Regards,
Graham Turner.

MWGT40

Supporter
As Malcolm says, I had a trailer custom made to my specification and it basically cost the same as one of their standard trailers. It is a very good trailer and they have a great range on offer. Prices are reasonable too and their customer service is great.

Check out their range of trailers at www.brianjames.co.uk

Martin

G

Martin,
Thankyou for your input.Yes i know all about Brian James Trailers and at least another 6 that i have discussed with and obtained brochures from and this is why i raised the question on the Autosport Show topic.I was trying to put money in fellow enthusiasts pockets rather than the larger manufacturers!!!!
Oh how i wish i could find another few hours in a day so that the current 28hour, 9 day week i am doing at present would give me time to make my own!!!!
Regards,
GTA.

Back