Plumbing coolant ... ideas?

Guys,

Finally got the front extension finished with the radiator, fan, and a/c consdenser mounts. Support struts went in too. Looks pretty good and is sturdy.

Finished disassembling, cutting, and reassembling the Flaming River steering column. Made the mount and it fits just like it is supposed to. Acquired a quick release that fit the chevy nose structure of the column and installed it too. Everything works.

Am now in position to install the coolant plumbing and the other stuff in the tunnel.

As per usual, it is difficult to find anything unusual at the local NAPA or AutoZone stores here. They just don't carry a lot.

I'd sure appreciate it if some of you all might send me pics of how you did the coolant plumbing in the nose and what parts you used. Will be in Houston for a couple of weeks and may be able to get to a decent parts supplier.

Thanks!

mike starling

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I purchased some stainless bends and used them as the basis for the front connections. This allowed me to use standard straight hose for the connections.

Apr21_0159.jpg

An alternative would be to bend up some wire templates and take them to an autoparts store to try and match an OEM hose.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Mike, I spent a couple of hours going through hoses in a local parts store (nice guys, aye?) with a list of angle/bends I needed. I ended up getting everything I needed for front and back in about three hoses.

Regards, Lynn

Back