Cleveland Exhaust

I'm finishing up fabrication on the exhaust system for the Cleveland engine. The physical size of the engine, the ERA chassis/body, and angle the ports come off the heads complicates the routing of the system, so it is similar to normal systems, but a little different.
It uses 1-3/4" 304 stainless primary tubes and 2" transitioning to 2-1/2 merge collectors. I have Edelbrock ss mufflers ordered....not here yet. The header flanges (also 304 ss), primary tubes, and collectors are all from Burns Stainless. Excellent folks to deal with! Top quality products. All pipes are equal length which is why 4 and 8 cylinders have the "S" curves.
Here's a couple of photos. More photos at this LINK

24261683-db1c-02000180-BB.jpg

24262115-f7d1-02000180-BB.jpg

Dave,

That engine is truly a work of art! You need to sign your name on it somewhere! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Very nice exhaust system!

Bill

Mark,
Actually, the exhaust is patterned after the 427 systems. The chassis had cutouts put in it like a 427 was going in. I'm not sure how much the confines of the rear body section differs on a MkII, but with the Mki body, the engine and exhaust FILLS all the available space.

Bill,
The name is actually on the engine in two different places. I like giving it that "personal" touch.

24357182-f7e0-02000180-.jpg

24357199-2922-02000180-.jpg

Bart,
The throttle bodies are 48 IDA TWM's that are powder coated. They set on a Redline IR manifold. The heads are 2V Clevelands. The only place I could find an IR manifold to fit them was Austrailia. I purchased if from injectionperfection.com

Back