GTD for sale on ebay

Does anyone have a valid e-mail address for Fred? I had spoken with him some time ago when he was looking for the window vents for his car. I helped him source them in the UK. I am considering buying this car and would like to find out what Fred thought of it. Does anyone else have any info?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I too would like any info on the car, am already bidding!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was hoping nobody else would notice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Thanks
Murray

Murray,

I mailed you the pics of the car yet - all others who like to get better pics should email me. I have 7 which are made this spring and show more details than the pics listed on eBay.

Volker

Mark,
we could go halves, save a bidding war. You could holiday down in Devon, and I could holiday up in Scotland!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Murray

i was watching the sale too! does any body know much about the car and its worth, out of interest. sounded like itneeded a bit of work.

very best wishes to everyone everywhere for a peaceful, healthy and happy 04!!!

<font color="blue"> Hi All.
My first post.
Seeing this car on Ebay got me searching the web; it's how I found this forum.

Also found "Mecanic Import" a company in Belgium. They have the Ebay car in question as recently sold by them.

http://www.mecanicimport.com/Ford/Ford_GT40_GTD_1968/Ford_GT40_GTD.htm

Interestingly they have 7 other GT40's listed, 3 sold already, but as far as I can see 4 are still up for grabs.

http://www.mecanicimport.com/ford.htm

Worth a day trip over to Belgium????? </font>

<font color="red"> * Happy New Year to you all * </font>

Following Stuingear's first post, I checked out the price of the MKII replica on the Mecanic Import's website, shown below - it's a cool 150,000 euros (or £105,000, or $188,000!). The website says it's a "perfect replica". It would have to be...

dsc00351.jpg

Mecanic Import - MK II replica

Rob

Re: Belgium MkII replica

Hi all,
according to the email I had after enquiries, this Mk II is a Safir. Why should this make it so expensive? Forgive me being a numpty!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Cheers
Murray

Hey, I just checked in on this very nice website. I was looking for a gtd and I visited Fred's car in Belgium about half a year ago. I thought it looked terrible. The body is terrible, nothing fits. I drove the car and that was terrible too, it has a rover engine...... I mean...... come on!!!!!! The rims were 17". But of course the asking price wasn't to bad, I belive by then it was €26.000,-
But I found a beautifull GTD with a valid registration in Germany, gulf colour, 302 engine with 48mm webers. At this moment Lammertink racing is building a new engine for this car, new braking system (Porsche) new transmission (Porsche) new crossover exhaust, new shifter(Porsche GT3) and a new pedalset. So I'm really exited. I'm really happy that I found this forum. Greetings from Holland. Daniel

Murray,

Not too long ago, a Japanese gent had a Safir MKII for sale

(#1131) at $300,000USD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I believe that it sold for quite a bit less.

Imagine that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

Daniel,

Tx for the constructive critisism...It is clear that for the price there was no reason for dreaming and I was clear about it upfront. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hope you will enjoy your new baby

Fred

Daniel,

Just to let you know that I bought the car you reffered to at the time from mecanicimport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fred

Back