SuperLite GTR by Allan For Sale

Johnny M

Supporter
My name is John Menger and I am the original owner of a Superlite GTR by Allan that is now up for sale.

The car was finished in mid 2019 and has 1,400 miles on the odometer and fully sorted and tuned (ED Gomez, PRO EDGE Tuning, St. Cloud, FL and Wallingford, CT). The car is kept/driven in Vero Beach, FL. and registered/titled in Montana.

First place in class 2022 and 2023 local car show. In addition to Allan/builder, others involved with parts; H (Andy Smith with H-Craft), Ron McCall installed drop gears, John Burer, (manufacturer of drop gears, and clutch HCF Austin, TX). General build details are listed below. The factory provided inventory of parts included is on Superlite website (Cars, GTR, “Kit Details”. In addition to the pictures below, there is a 10 + minute walk around video by Allan.

Superlite GTR
LS 376/525HP…..with GPS speed sensor*
Dual rear exhaust/CATS/Mufflers/Oxygen sensors/LS7 headers/ceramic coated*
Surge tank*
Expansion tank*
Graziano 6-speed transaxle with 1.04 drop gears from HCF and installed by Ron McCall*
Gated shifter (R8 style aluminum billet by RCR)
Heavy Duty clutch (HCF)*
Chassis aluminum semi-monocoque tig welded
Suspension QA1 Aluminum tube double adjustable shocks with 24 compression and 24 rebound
settings
6-point roll cage (factory) CNC bent DOM seamless steel tubing (windshield-area hoop. Rear
hoop, rear braces, engine bay cross brace;
Fiberglass tub (heat, sound shielded);
Seats Sparco R100 (original fiberglass shells included)*
Electric emergency brake
Optima red top battery*
Interior footwell lighting*
Door poppers (driver and passenger)*
LED strip running lights*
DOT approved windshield (glass) Ford GT/hard-coated polycarbonate side-windows, headlight
covers
Glass engine cover (by H-Craft)*
Brembo brakes and assembly all 4 corners
Tilton pedal box assembly
Hella DOT approved projector low beam/high beam headlights
Infinity Box electrical system (Infinitybox.com)
Vintage Air Conditioning/Heat
Ramlift Pro lift kit front-end*
X1 Pro rear-view mirror/camera*
Front clip custom built and hinged*
Rear clip custom hinged H-Craft*
Console (H-Craft)*
Inner fender wells (H-craft)*
Wheels/Forgestar CF5V black gloss*
Tires/ Nitto INVO 285/30 /19 front; 345/30/19 rear*
Extra attention sound/heat insulation and heat shielding engine compartment*

Price is $160,000, you must provide transport costs.

I am available 201-400-2431 or
[email protected] for further discussion/questions.

IMG_3384.jpg
IMG_3383.jpg
IMG_3382.jpg
IMG_3381.jpg
IMG_3380(1).jpg
IMG_3378.jpg
IMG_3376.jpg
IMG_3375.jpg
IMG_3374.jpg
IMG_3371.jpg

free bump for a great car and just a simple question if you don't mind. Why selling it with only 1400 miles over 5 years? I have been building an SLC for the last 3 years and wondering why so many people sell their kit car after completion and not drive it at all . Thank you .

Johnny M

Supporter
Hi Hector. I cannot speak to others experiences. The GT-R was a project of mine and a work of art thanks to Allan. We had many setbacks (movie cars delayed delivery for a few months, parts delays from the factory on a few critical items) that are not fully reflected in the time/mileage. I met and worked with some amazing people (H, Ron, John, Scott). The project is now done and am moving on to other ventures. Your question is for those others to answer, but my take is that the build process is so intense and exciting that when it is done, there must be a tremendous letdown. After the letdown has run it's course, the car is sold.

Hi Hector. I cannot speak to others experiences. The GT-R was a project of mine and a work of art thanks to Allan. We had many setbacks (movie cars delayed delivery for a few months, parts delays from the factory on a few critical items) that are not fully reflected in the time/mileage. I met and worked with some amazing people (H, Ron, John, Scott). The project is now done and am moving on to other ventures. Your question is for those others to answer, but my take is that the build process is so intense and exciting that when it is done, there must be a tremendous letdown. After the letdown has run it's course, the car is sold.
I appreciate the reply, and your perspective, totally agree about the intensity and excitement of the journey, I am just hoping that leads to intensity and excitement driving it . I certainly learned so much about so many things. who knew I could become a fiberglass fabricator, upholstery and interior novice (carpeting and leather, mind you) , even a locksmith LOL. Good luck with the sale. Mine is going to be black as well. Beautiful !!!

Johnny M

Supporter
I promise you that the drive will be more intense than the build as it is the culmination of a major commitment. It will be raw and intense. By the way, the color on my GT-R is Watkins Glen Grey Metallic....a stock Corvette color. I wasn't ready to commit to upkeep of black. Can't wait to see your car! Best wishes,

I promise you that the drive will be more intense than the build as it is the culmination of a major commitment. It will be raw and intense. By the way, the color on my GT-R is Watkins Glen Grey Metallic....a stock Corvette color. I wasn't ready to commit to upkeep of black. Can't wait to see your car! Best wishes,
Thank you, working on it every day, we will see how the black goes, I hear you about the upkeep, I will add a few golden accents and golden wheels to distract attention form the few blemishes and dirty spots LOL !!!

Neil

Supporter
Thank you, working on it every day, we will see how the black goes, I hear you about the upkeep, I will add a few golden accents and golden wheels to distract attention form the few blemishes and dirty spots LOL !!!
Gloss black was used by the real craftsmen back in the day. It emphasizes every ripple and imperfection in the bodywork. They used black to show how perfect their work really was.

Back