Fitting Alternator Etc

Robert, I have tried numerious combinations of the bits and have not been sucessful at fiting the alternator and its idle wheel. The upper bolt for the alternator is the wrong dianmeter (too small) for the head attachment, and the proper size bolt is too big to fit through the attachment point on the alternator. The support bracket for the idel wheel has holes that are too small for two of the three bolts (one on water pump, and the shaft for the wheel. What am I doing wrong?

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Jay,

Please send me head type and I will send you photographs of the fit up.

The spacer combinations differ from one head to another and we send out a set for the Ford aluminium GT40 heads as we use but we will have the others available.

I fly out to Knotts on Monday 19th. so please get the info back to me soonest and I will bring it with me.

Best wishes to all the family,

Robert

Ron Earp

Admin
Jay,

I had to change mine around a bit to work with my heads/pump etc. but it wasn't hard. But, I had a lathe to cut down and bore out some of the spacers too. With all the different combinations of heads and front dress possible it is difficult to make one plug and play without knowing exactly what the builder is using.

I do remember boring out the upper spacer for the large alternator bolt and getting a large bolt for my head and drilling the alternator flange. I don't remember issues with the idler wheel.

R

Jay,
I think John Schneider has some close up photos of the pulley application. I'll see if he can post them. As far as the spacers go, I bought the extra ones I needed at the local hardware. Believe it or not they had them in chrome too.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got it last night after varrious combinations - it was a bit like a puzzel. As Ron said I had to bore out the long alternator spacing.

Thanks all

I know you said you've got irt now but maybe this will help the next guy out.
I only had to shave and shime a few spacers. Not easy but not all that bad either.
John

Attachments

• 35579-belt spacers ALT3.jpg
    35579-belt spacers ALT3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 291
John, thank you very much. One thing that I also found while looking at the pictures for the MoTec wiring instalation was a bracket from the upper iddler wheel to the top of the alternator. It only shows upon on the photo of the front of the engine sent with the MoTec kit.

Mike,
Me and John removed those ugly hose pipes and then we did tap them and installed a plug.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back