DAX suspension arms and bushes

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
I am currently having a look at the suspension bushes on the DAX with a view to replacing them with polyurethane bushes or similar. The DAX has rose jointed outer, rubber bushed inner pivots, the shock absorber ones have an obvious permanent set, so I am going to replace them all prior to setting the suspension up. Does anyone know if the DAX suspension arms/bushes are the same as any of the other replicas? The shockers are easy enough, they are Spax G10AL with MB004 bushes, I am getting measurements from the other bushes for reference.
regards
Dave

Dave, Gary Sanders who did most of the development work on the DAX GT40 still works for Dax ( D J Sportscars ) and I am sure he will be able to advise you, Frank

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Frank, I'll follow up that lead tomorrow.
I just looked at the rear suspension bushes, the arm loop they fit into is 48mm long 45mm ID and the Ford part no is
Ford 83BB 5A638 AA
searching on the www, I found 83BB and 5A638 seperately as suspension bushes for various Ford cars, but not as a single part number, but I guess a Ford parts store would be able to tell me what they are from the number.
regards
David

Dave,
These are Sierra/Scorpio Rear Inner trailing arm bushes and the same used by KVAs. Powerflex do the bushes and the part number is PFR19-111 @ £24.95 ea.

Brett

Back