Kraftwerkz LMK 917 on track shots

Hello,

LMK 917 #002 was launched on track this past weekend at New Hampshire International Speedway. Pilot reported stunning performance and excellent handling characteristics.

For more info visit http://www.kraftwerkz-usa.com.

IMG_4911.jpg

Many people have expressed surprise at how small the GT40 is once they see it in real life, its reputation being so big... but have a look at the relative size of the helmet inside this 917. Its huge! ... or is the 917 very small?

Chris,

The 917 is almost exactly the same length as a 40,

6" wider, and 3" lower to the ground.

The small cockpit area and short stature of the car,

do make the driver's helmet look oversized!

An egghead, perhaps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

Malcolm

Supporter
I thought the 917 was nearer 7 ft wide which would be more than 6" on a GT40. Maybe depends on which GT40 one measure ie gulf flares etc?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Looks absolutely superb. Does anybody know which engine and gearbox it's using ? Is the LMK 917 car eligible to race ? and if so what series does it run in ?
Dave M

There was one at Tatton Park Show last weekend. It looked good with good build quality. Also looked very cramped inside. The owner was there looking resplendant in his racing overalls with crash helmet nonchalantlythrown on the seat. Actually a few folks remarked that he looked a prat in that gear at a show. It sounded a bit " wooly " when I heard him leaving. I never had chance to chat to the owner.

Attachments

• 38879-tp11.JPG
    38879-tp11.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 691
Yikes! The car pictured at "Tatton Park Show" is not an LMK 917. That is a nicely finished Laser 917. The two replicas are very different.

To answer the question about engine/gearbox. The car in the photos is running a Porsche 3.8 RSR powerplant through a beefed-up 915 gearbox. The LMK 917 chassis is set up to accept the original 12 cylinder engine or any six cylinder Porsche 911 engine.

Back