Ultima on eBay

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
65_4.JPG

This is the latest addition to Alan Christian Motorcars line up. It had an opening bid of $12K and has a "Buy It Now" price of $109.9K. Chevy V8 with a Porsche G50.

Check out the Ultima GTR here.

Regards,
Lynn

Keith

I recently checked out the Ultima for GT racing here in the UK, and priced up a basic racing version. This would appear to be quite expensive for the spec. It's all gone a bit price silly, this "component car" market. Still, supply and demand eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I think the fact that BMW used a couple of Ultimas as test mules for their new (last year) V8 lent a lot of credence to Ultima as being something more than your average "kit" car. It does have a nicely engineered chassis, BUT I am not sure it is any nicer than several of the chassis designs running around with GT40 shells on them. And I highly doubt it warrants the price difference they demand for the car from an engineering point of view. But, for the moment, it is in a market somewhat unto itself. I looked very closely at the Ultima, but by comparison, for my wife and I, the GT40 is down right roomy.

IMHO, the Ultima is not a very handsome car either.

Regards,
Lynn

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The Factory Five car is much much better looking car.
There is an Ultima that commutes into and out of the small town where I live and you are right Lynn, it does look somewhat cramped.

Maclaren also used an Ultima as a test mule for their F1 sportscar. It was broken up after they had finished with it!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back