CAV on Ebay - Canada

CAV on Ebay - Alberta

fd_12_sb.JPG

Cheers

Rob

The owner or purchaser of this car would be well served to add a heat shield between the exhaust primaries and the fuel rail crossover hose. From the photo on ebay, it appears that they very nearly touch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif YIKES!

Bill

Keith

That would appear to be a heat shield around the aeroquip but even so....was this the ONLY route for the fuel line? With heat soak, I can see a few hot starting problems here.

It looks like Earl's fittings and S.S. braided hose to me, with no heat shield. A definite heat soak/hot start problem and potential fire problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Tom,
You may have hit the nail on the head.
I wonder if the owner has been frustrated by hot start problems, hence the sale???

Bill

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Guys,

The pictures shown on Ebay are before the lines were re-routed. We were up against a deadline to get the car into the Edmonton Motor Show so there was no opportunity to change it prior. This was rectified before any mileage was put on the car. The fittings are XRP by the way, quite a bit more expensive than Earls although we use both.

The EFI sysytem is from Wayne at Very Cool Parts and uses a Weber computer. The car is a rocketship, well sorted and will do any owner proud. The car also has the correct ZF transaxle, 1400hp twinplate clutch, upgraded shift mechanism, revised pedal set, revised steering colum, revised cooling system, revised transaxle mount, revised swaybar mount, reinforced motor mounts, additional sound deadening and sealing of firewal access panel, quick release steering wheel, locking & vented fuel caps, additional weather seals around the doors and massaged body gaps. Plus the stripes are computer cut from 3M Reflective Film and light up white at nite, how cool is that!

Note: I'm not selling this car, my dealer in Calgary is. ZR Auto sells more Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, BMW and Mercedes in one dealership than anybody in western Canada. Zahir loves the CAV GT40 but his business is selling cars. I know he won't give the car away and I doubt an equal car could be pro built for less than 125,000 usd with all the CAV Canada upgrades.

By the way, for the benifit of GT40 enthusiasts in Canada, CAV GT40s sold here are not the same as US cars and cost more than just the exchange rate difference. By the time I'm done car more than 400 hours has gone into the process of upgrading and refining. All parts are brand new (Ford Racing Crate Motors, RBT ZF Transaxles, Webers & EFI, premium harware etc.) signifigant modifications are done, most not visable to the naked eye, all of which add up to a car that is a pleasure to drive and show.

The Canadian dollar is up and down like a toilet seat lately. I pay for the cars and freight in US dollars, pay for currency exchange ($1.00usd cost 1.32cdn when these cars came in) then ad 6% Duty on top of that.

So there's alot of reasons why the cars cost more here. I'm just glad to be in a position to supply Canadian enthusiasts the CAV GT40. Sometimes I just have to pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream. There's nothing like driving a GT40, around town, around the track or on a road trip.

Thanks to Ron and all the moderators for the GT40 forum, here's wishing everyone safe and happy holidays.

Cheers

Attachments

• 49165-Edmonton1c.jpg
    49165-Edmonton1c.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 277

Keith

Sooooo, just what IS the document in the side pocket then huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

A panoramic shot of the whole car would really show the hieght perspective.

Guys, I've been driven in this car and have closely looked at it. It is truly outstanding. It is packed with goodies. This car was next to an F40 at last February's International car show. It was amazing how the crowds gathered around this car MUCH more than the F40. Like anything else pictures do not do any car car justice, especially a GT40.

Back