F.1. Melbourne.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Just got my tickets for the F.1. Grand Prix. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif The Allan Jones stand. Anyone else going??

Yes Pete. My brother and myself in the Prost stand.
Arrive wednesday for a visit to Roaring Forties to see my "baby". Hopefully it'll be running by them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
We're staying around "southbank" somewhere. Hope to catch up will everyone at some stage.

First time for me, relative worked for BAR then moved to Oz so making a trip of it, staying in Melbourne then Lakes Entrance, also hoping to visit RF.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pete

I'll also be in the Jones Stand, front row centre /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It should be a good one this year.

Also looking forward to meeting everyone!(as per prior thread)

Bill.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
I found out last night that there are TWO original GT40's at the Historic Garage at the F1 and therefore our GT40 replica is not needed.

Although I was very dissapointed not to get a drive on the circuit this year, I fully understand the reason behind it. I have had a great time withthe F1 people here in Melbourne and driving around the circuit on race day must have been one of those life long memories of mine. Thank you for making this old(ish) man very happy.

Remember:

You do not stop playing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop playing.

Best wishes to all,
I hope to see you all at the GP and all are welcome to visit our factory during that week,

Robert

Robert,
Will we be welcomed at the Phillip Island historics with
our GT? I really like this race the best as I can actually see a car go by and not a blur.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You do not stop playing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Robert. My personal philosophy too.

You know that you have finally grown up when you return to your chilhood. A child's sole aim is to enjoy life at all costs with those that they love most... the rule of life that also comes with the wisdom of age.

PS. I'll be at the F1GP too being that my office is 2 mins walk from the track, but not sure at this stage of the details.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Robert, I like it - when my family questions my "childish obsession with big toys", can I refer them to you for an explanation ?? !!

I did a quick check of the previous thread & of this one - it looks like we have quite a team coming :

- Peter Delaney (Brabham Stand)
- Hershal Byrd
- Robert Logan
- Pete McCluskey (Jones Stand)
- Dave Morton
- Chris Liokos
- Bill Haralambakis (Jones Stand)
- Norman Falconer
- Tim Mackie (Prost Stand)
- Darrel Peatie
- Peter (HILLY)
- Joe T

Does anyone who knows the circuit & program have a suggestion as to a meeting place / time ? As a starter, I am thinking in terms of a fairly centrally located bar & some time on Saturday.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Peter
If everyone has a grandstand ticket, then we can assemble at Pete's bar (Hey you probably own it!) which is behind the Pit building on the main straight. (see map attached).
There are other places to meet, however access to Pete's bar is easy with the grandstand tickets....
Mid-day on Thursday through to Sunday, that's where you will find me.

Bill.

Attachments

• 52559-pitmapf1GPa.jpg
    52559-pitmapf1GPa.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 236
Pete's Bar sounds great Peter. How do we all stay it touch, are folks happy to post mobile phone numbers here, or maybe via pm's?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I'm going general admission so please make the meeting point somewhere I can get to.I'm not stingy but saving for a new motor and tyres.I like being in the stands but I wish you could buy a stand seat on a daily basis.
Any lotus admirers want to come to a barbecue on sat night?
Ross

Ross,
My brother (David) has an Elise and I an Elan, as well as a PRB each. We are both very active CLA (NSW) members. We are planning on going to the LCV BBQ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Is is far from the track? We are staying at TravelLodge around Southbank.

Really beginning to look forward to this,

Would also enjoy talking Lotus with fellow enthusiasts, have restored 2 Europa's and 1 Esprit 2.2

I should have web access over there so will keep an eye on this thread, if technology lets me down, Pete's Bar Midday.........

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete's bar sounds O.K. to me. I don't mind posting my mobile so here it is. 0413451949. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I am looking forward to catching up with all of you..Ross I am pretty sure you can access Pete's bar with general admission tickets.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pete's bar is not accessible to general admission tickets, however it may be possible to smuggle the odd person through the dividing gate. My brother is a circuit doctor and should be able to get me an extra cams pass for this situation.
My contact number is 0419 878 497 - your welcome to call me at the track Ross so that we can smuggle you through.

Bill

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Thanks for that Bill,proves again it's not what you know but who.My mob phone number is 0418399865 now must get a new battery.Tim I have 4 seats in my car so I can take you and your brother,JoeT and one other.It's not too far away in Collingwood.This is shaping up to be a good weekend.
Ross

Thanks for the offer of a ride Ross. I'm driving my Maloo down, so we will have transport. We'll see how it pans out. My brother is hooking up with a heap of "Elise" guys aswell, and they are planning on going to the LCV barbie. Someone had better let Guy know to buy a few extra snags!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
No worries Tim I'll give you directions.Ivan (Lotus Club Member) puts on the BBQ at his premises on Hoddle st in Collingwood.Guy is now former President.Sorry I think I've hijacked this thread.
Ross

Back