1080 changing color

1080 has now enetered into a new phase of it's life and I thought you might be interested in seeing it's transformation back to it's original racing colors.

Photos attached

Attachments

• 53948-CirrusWhite.JPG
    53948-CirrusWhite.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 385
So #1080 appears to have been sold? It no longer is shown on the Maxted-Page web site as available. If so, will the new owner join this merry band of GT40 fanatics on GT40s.com?

Congrats Gary on a beautiful purchase. I'm sure we would all be interested in the progress of your restoration.

What are your plans for color, spec, etc.?

We have attempted to get the very best color match we can. The base is cirus white, and as you will see from the attached, the blue stripes are almost an exact match to the paint work on the original bodywork. I am attempting to bring her back to as close to original as possible. Once the paint work is complete, she will be sent to Willi Green who has been comissioned to give her a top to bottom going over to ensure all parts are authentic. Willi will also be teaching me how to drive her to the limits.

Attachments

• 54004-Stripesoncar.jpg
    54004-Stripesoncar.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 358

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Gary, you keep 1080 in Tokyo??? If so, I'd like to look at if OK w/ you someday?

Yuji San, 1080 is currently in the Uk undergoing it's colour change. It will head over to the USA where there are a couple of races I want to run, and then it will come over to Japan later this year.

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Gary, worth to wait till late this year!! Hope I could see then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The stripes have now been added, and the racing decalswill be fixed later in the week. The car then heads out onto the track to commence being sorted out.

Attachments

• 54996-Overall1.JPG
    54996-Overall1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 356
Very nice restoration. One question though in the orignal paint scheme shown in the book the stripes were not continious along the doors. Would this be just to allow race numbers to be affixed on a white background???
Regards Allan

All, I dont know the size of the wheels, but they BRM magnesium centered rims. I will find out and post when I see th ecar again next.
Under Red cover number 2 is MkV Chassis 1115. The photo was taken in the garage at www.maxted-page.com where it is currently based whilst it is being restored and sorted out for the track. Of course 1115 is for sale and it is a very nice car.
Re the stripes around the whole car vs broken at the doors, I have two photo's which show both configurations. We threfore decided to run the stripe across the whole door so that when it wasn't wearing racing numbers it still looks good.
I will post a full set of photo's once the car hits the track in the next month.

Back