Called John? designed cars in the `60s/`70s? Look out!

Just heard the news that John Tojero, the guy that designed the 427 Cobra has died and then read that John Delorian (Back to the Future car) had died as well.
So if your name`s John and you used to design/produce cars back in the `60s/`70s it may be time for a check up, they say these things happen in threes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That's sad. John Tojeiro was a true great. Not only that but he designed and built the one-off chassis to my 40 which Chris Melia went on to build, and he then went on to design the Dax GT40 chassis. There's a book out shortly about his life and designs.

http://www.smrh.co.uk/acatalog/Coming_Soon.html

As for John Delorean, interesting car but IMHO the whole project became a ruse to rip off the British Government in grant aid - and then there were the money laundering, racketeering and drug trafficking charges - as I remember he was only acquitted on a technicality because of entrapment by the FBI ...

John Delorean had quite a distinguished past before his fall from grace. At General Motors, he was instrumental in the development of the Pontiac GTO,
one of the best of the early, American "muscle cars".

Bad management of his company and poor judgment got him into trouble with the law. I've often wondered what he would have come up with next, had he not gotten involved with the drug deals in order to save DMC. It took pretty big cojones to start his own car company out of thin air. You never see Delorean cars rusting away, so he must have done something right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill

All you guys who are riveting stainless panels into your

cars, have got it all wrong! They belong on the outside! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bill

Back