Longcross at Chertsey

How about a run at the test track at Chertsey? - Some of you may remember we made a visit a few years ago, together with Rays R42, an XJR15 and a Gulf GT40 of JWA?

Its more commonly known as 'Longcross' these days and there is a possiblility of hiring it for about 20 cars at about £100 per car.... Any takers?

ps - no noise restrictions.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Image below shows format, the circuit runs anti-clockwise around the outside, but has a 'twisty-mountain-road' bit in the middle if people prefer a change. (ignore the red path start to finish, as this indicates the course of a sprint that had been organised there)

Attachments

• 58902-longcross.jpg
    58902-longcross.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 266
I was there for a magazine shoot a few years ago (when I was younger and prettier), and remember the track being excellent, with banking at the lower loop. I'd be interested in a day out there, but which car to take??????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd like to come along too.

One thing though. One of the bike clubs used it a year or so back and a rider had a big accident. I had heard that they now stipulate it is a 'testing' day and not a track day, which means you can't get track day cover (or so I'm told anyway). There were other issues too, something about marshals etc.
This was told to me second hand, so may not be true, but worth checking for peace of mind beforehand.

Cheers,
John.

I'm interested !

We ran the Morgan Trikes there back in 1970...the first speed meeting held on a banked track in the UK since Brooklands.
We used the outer circuit running clockwise and the best bit was the banking where the numbers 1 & 2 appear at the bottom of the map.
During the lunch break we played on the "handling circuit" as it was called, and mighty fine it was too.
It would be a shame not to have the full banking though, but from Pauls comments, it looks as if this might still be possible ?
Yeah I gottit now ...ignore the red lines ...duh !
If it's "noisy" I might even bring the Morgan too .

Barry D.

Doh!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Spoke again re possibility of visit to Longcross and unfortunately the person in charge, got it wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am now informed that the 'test' day has a noise limit of 100dB and moreover, a max speed limit of 70mph????? (bloody hell - might as well use the Mxx motorway..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

So sorry chaps for leading you up the garden path, god I love this country with all its great regulations and red tape - NOT!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry to hear that Paul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I was a little surprised when you said it was available though.

Back