DRB Flywheels - - what balance from the factory

Does anyone know if the standard flywheel (for a 302) comes as zero balanced or with the weights on? Getting ready to send out the rotating assy and I'm not sure what I'm starting with!!

Thanks

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
If it's for the G50/Porsche clutch and it's a windsor motor with a 28oz or a 50oz counterweight .
At the very least it needs to be match balanced with the original flywheel that came with the motor--would recommend a full rotational assy. balance incl.clutch.
Flywheel should look something like this to start with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Attachments

• 69969-Windsflywheel.jpg
    69969-Windsflywheel.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 487
Thanks Flatchat - - I was hoping that the flywheel came "zero balanced" as I'd like to get the engine internally balanced, but I'm not sure it will be possible with the original 289 crank - and I was hoping not to have to go to the 302 stroke length in the motor (want to turn some revs!).

Does anyone know of an aftermarket crank maker who still makes 289 cranks (forged)?

thanks again

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The Flywheel can be supplied zero balanced (ie no counterweight machining) no problems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

flat chat

re the ls1 to g50 adaptor. whats the story with the release system? in this case have the smaller shaft size - 15 / 16 mm. no arm or shaft supplied. can you give me a current figure on your conversion kit please. what clutch is it set up for ? thanks. steve

Back