GTD new build (UK)

Hi guys,

As many of you will know, I've just purchased a part completed GTD with a CAV bodyshell. I may have had a couple of GTD's before, but actually building one is a whole new ball game for me. I'm going to be looking to source virtually all the parts to finish the car, so if anyone could give me details of where I can source parts, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm sure I could go to Tornado to get virtually everything I need but there must be other suppliers out there.
For example, should I get a Tornado wiring loom of just a generic mid-engined kit car loom?
Can I get filler cap from anywhere else?
Any/all advice greatly appreciated.
Simon
[email protected]

Simon, perhaps posting an inventory of what you need would be of assistance. However, if I were you I'd join both UK clubs and scour the club mag adverts for used parts. I purchased everything I could find a little while ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, but the garage shelves should be filling back up with radiators, uprights, brakes, roll bars and other odds and ends by now.

I am using an American Autowire harness, but there must be some UK brands available for your use and filler caps have been discussed before on this forum.

Brian

Thanks Brian,
I have my engine/gearbox and chassis/bodyshell (inc uprights/hubs/brakes/pedalbox), but pretty well need most everything else at the moment. Interior, instruments, tanks, door handles/latches, lights, front rear screens, wiper motor, heater, gearchange, servo's etc etc.
Simon

ps, reading the above, I'm starting to wonder what I have taken on!

pps, am a member of both clubs!

I'm sure Mr. Sibley and Mr. Sheldon would be happy to
sell you parts. The Tornado price list may be handy
as a checklist of what you need. Not everything need
be purchased from a kit maker....but sometimes it's more
convenient. Good luck.

Mike D

Back