New GT40 GTD owner in Switzerland

I just bought a GT40 GTD here in Switzerland. I was following your forum since a while and learned quite a lot. I am now focusing on "how to fit into the car" and will work on seat, pedals and gurney bubble...

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Gruetzi Jan!

I was hoping that someone would finally be able to stick a pin in Switzerland on our map of GT40s. Check out www.frappr.com/gt40s and be the first GT40 on the map in CH.

Welcome and Best Regards,

Alex Hirsbrunner

P.S. please do post some photos!

Attachments

• 74561-images.jpg
    74561-images.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 275
Hi Alex
thanks for the link. I tried to stick a pin but failed as Zurich (Switzerland) is not accepted as a city....As soon as I have learned how to post photos I will do...

Jan

Welcome to the forum and the world of the GTD, Jan.
I had exactly the same problem as you when I bought my GTD - I couldn't drive it because my feet were too big for the pedals and my head stuck out above the windscreen.
I wrote an article for the GT40 Enthusiasts Club magazine on how I got round the problems and ended up with a very comfortable motor car. The CD of all back issues, including this one, is available to Club members for £15 and has far more besides. Details on the Club website. Incidentally, we have 6 Club members already in Switzerland.
End of plug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif
Welcome, and enjoy your car.

Hi Tony
I have already read your article, shows that it is possible...thanks.
Application is on the way and looking forward meeting some Swissies with GT40ies

Regards
Jan

Hi Jan

Welcome to 'The Forum' for all things GT40 related and talking of 40s in Switzerland, check out Carlo Luisoni's superb GTD as featured both on the cover and inside the Summer 2005 GTD40 CLUB Magazine.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 74724-COVERsml.JPG
    74724-COVERsml.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 263
Hi Paul

I will join the GTD Car Club soon and looking forward meeting you guys and the few Swissies in this world..

Back