Weber Manifold on eBay UK

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
MGNut said:
How much are these things worth? In real terms I mean, not what some bidding war does for it. Anyone??
Cheers

They're worth exactly what a willing buyer and a willing seller agree their worth. Ebay is one of the best approximations of a free market to determine what that amount is. So, in short, any individual such manifold is worth exactly what it sells for, bidding wars included. You will find that the ebay prices accurately reflect a composite of other price points from alternate sources.

Thanks for the replies guys,
Reinhard, that gives me some idea, thanks.
Cliff, I cannot agree that once in a bidding war on ebay, the final price equates to the items worth. I know that is what it sells for but surely if vastly overpriced, it's not what it's worth. Look at some of the stupid bids you see from people who, if they nipped off to the local agent or whatever, could have bought the item for less than they bid and perhaps less the postage and packing.
Caveat Emptor I suppose. (Is that the right saying??)

Cheers,
Pax Vobiscum

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Murray, caveat emptor loosely translates to "buyer beware" so I'm not sure that's exactly what you mean.

True, there probably are situations where people pay more on ebay due to some auction frenzy than they might in a more sane/rational situation, so, you're right. However, for that one particular sale on ebay the final price is the right price. Really, what I think you're talking about is, what is the general price for a particular item as a composite of all the various price points (ebay, retail, etc.). Hard to tell exactly, however, a downdraft inlet manifold for webers is a semi-rare and sought-after item likely to command a good price in just about any selling forum - probably several hundred dollars at a minimum.

Cliff, hi again, yes thats what I meant (buyer beware). I havn't looked at this item for a little while, so I don't know what it's up to. I dont think I can afford the Webbers anyway!!, but it would be nice !!
I just wanted a general idea of what these things went for, always after a bargain!
Thanks again,
cheers

Back