Suggestions for Other Forum Areas?

Ron Earp

Admin
Title says it all. We're to a point now on the new forum where it is stable and doesn't seem to crash every third day like it was. I'd like to expand the number of forums and am looking for suggestions on what to add. I've come up with a few ideas, just off the cuff, but details of how they would work into existing structure has not been considered.

Other Fast Cars (race cars, endurance cars, or whatever you'd like to call it)
Special Interests and Events
Suggestion Box
Video and Pictures Buffet
Show and Shine Saloon
Road Side Pub
Cobra Saloon

I think we could accomidate a few side interests that many of us have with a few single topic subforums.

Any other ideas floating about out there?

Ron

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
What about a section for people who are planning, doing, or have already done a '40 project without a blue oval motor? The Rover lump is popular in the UK, the Lexus elsewhere, and I'm sure there are others.

John

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I agree with Mark. I think there are enough as it is and more will just get confusing. There are already posts that are not being posted where they really belong, and more choices will make it worse, IMHO.

Ron Earp

Admin
Mark Charlton said:
I agree with Mark. I think there are enough as it is and more will just get confusing. There are already posts that are not being posted where they really belong, and more choices will make it worse, IMHO.
Where? I try to get them pretty quick, got one this morning, but if you see any please let me know.

Now it is true I have not gone all the way back through all the engine stuff and pulled all the transaxle posts out, but one boring day I will. Engine and Transaxles used to be a combined forum which is why that happened.

Back to more forums - the reason I bring it up is that one catch all forum, The Paddock, is not enough. What if somone wants to discuss another fast car they have etc. - it quickly gets overrun by "F1 is Boring Me To Death" which is what we might ought to rename that forum! :D I understand about confusion, but looks like one or two more wouldn't hurt. Maybe a World Motorsports forum that "F1 is Boring Me to Death" and other Motorsports threads could go (yes, it'd require changes to "The RaceTrack" forum").

Best,
Ron

Last edited:

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I meant only that sometimes people start posts in the wrong place (or take over threads...). I still can't figure out how you can dedicate so much time to this forum while making enough money working and still have time to work on/drive your cars. I guess that's where that gold staff comes into play... :D

The Detomaso forum has "Alejandro's Neighborhood Pub" (after Alejandro DeTomaso) and it's where anything can be posted for any topic. It works pretty well there and is one of the most popular sections. Maybe under the "General GT40s Discussion" area the first forum could be "Ron's Pub" where anything goes (bitch to your heart's content etc...)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ron I agree with Mark W, "less is more" The Paddock clearly states it is "The off topic Forum where anything goes". surely that is the same as the Alejando's Pub that Mark C refers to.
Human nature tells me that people will continue to be confused and post in the wrong areas and hijack threads, no matter how many extra Forums are added.
My 2P.

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, how about we make the GT40 Gallery Forum into something different - a repository for pictures and video?

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I don't know if the forum supports it, but a Wiki or FAQ like page that has details, sources, facts, formula, etc, and no comentary as related to the cars and projects here.

Things like engine/trans weights, dimensions, links to other resources, etc. The search is not bad, but sometimes details get lost in the lenghthy posts...I'm a contributer to that problem :)

Sandy

Back