My Introduction

Hello, everyone.

This is a great website and resource.

I'm probably a while away from getting a GT-40, but I'm going to start learning now.

I took one of Mike Mack's classes a few years ago in which a number of students put together a FFR Cobra. It was a great experience, but I think that when I do get a GT40 it will be already built. (I also have a 1932 Ford project that is stalled, so I've learned about being realistic with my time!)

I look forward to poking around!

--Matt

Welcome!!

A man's gotta know his limitations, Matt, and it sounds like your plan to get a pre-built GT40 makes a lot of sense given your realistic appraisal of your time constraints.

Where are you located?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome!

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you and I have followed much the same path. I was seriously considering an FFR, even to the point that I scheduled the Mott build school, then changed my mind. It's possible at my age that this may be the only build I can accomplish--the GT40 has always been my dream car so I'll just forego the FFR for now and focus on the GT40.

From one newbie to another, the best thing you can do is to learn to use the search function on the forum. Just when you think you can't find something using the search function, try changing the paramaters of your search (such as key words, or the date range) and you may be surprised! There is SO much information available on this forum that you could spend years reading everything and still not finish.

Doug

Smiles said:
Hello, everyone.

This is a great website and resource.

I'm probably a while away from getting a GT-40, but I'm going to start learning now.

I took one of Mike Mack's classes a few years ago in which a number of students put together a FFR Cobra. It was a great experience, but I think that when I do get a GT40 it will be already built. (I also have a 1932 Ford project that is stalled, so I've learned about being realistic with my time!)

I look forward to poking around!

--Matt

Hi Matt,
I've only been here for a little while myself. I have been searching this site everyday and I find it full of good information. Good luck on your search, let me know if we can help.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Back