At last - Just got my hands on a GTD

Hi everyone

By a series of co-incidence after I competed at last weeks AMOC sprint at Goodwood in my TVR Cerbera - yesterday I became the owner of a GTD 40.

I have been looking on and off for about 10 years and essentially by chance I came accross Bob Usher-Sparks GTD - "K40GT", Its has had an interesting life, initially Bob raced it rather succesfully in several championships in the mid 90's then sold the car in 96 - eventually bought it back in 2004 then to me!

Hoping to bring her to the Goodwood track day on the 17th August to learn how to drive! - then the plan is to do a few events with "Suzi" as she is known!

Hope to see you about
Julian

New GTD Owner

Congratulations Julian - I'm sure you'll have a great deal of fun with 'Suzi' ;) are you thinking about having a go at Sprints / Hill Climbs at all? - if so, we'll copy you in on the relevant entry regs...

Will be great to see you at Goodwood but make sure you are suitably silenced. As I recall Bob's cars usually had 'hairy engines' which generally tend to be louder than your average 40.

Goodwood's static limit is 105dB at 0.5m - achievable - but if you are unsure, perhaps have a word with Frank Catt, who I'm sure will be able to help...:)

Just got my hands on a GTD40

p thompson said:
Congratulations Julian - I'm sure you'll have a great deal of fun with 'Suzi' ;) are you thinking about having a go at Sprints / Hill Climbs at all? - if so, we'll copy you in on the relevant entry regs...

Will be great to see you at Goodwood but make sure you are suitably silenced. As I recall Bob's cars usually had 'hairy engines' which generally tend to be louder than your average 40.

Goodwood's static limit is 105dB at 0.5m - achievable - but if you are unsure, perhaps have a word with Frank Catt, who I'm sure will be able to help...:)

Paul / Pantera - thanks for the welcome, I am hoping to do a few sprints and hill climbs and have in fack just booked up for Brighton Speed Trial, can you add me to your list for regs etc.

As for the noise levels the car has just been fitted with some new silencers so fingers crossed I hope we should be OK!

Here are a few pictures
Julian

Attachments

• K40GT NSRss.JPG
    K40GT NSRss.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 424
  • K40GT OSss.JPG
    K40GT OSss.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 423
  • MVC-007g.JPG
    MVC-007g.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 450

Keith

Nice car Julian and great spec. As a matter of interest, where is the oil tank sited? Or is that it at the top of your last photo? Any chance of a better picture of it?

Cheers, :)

Keith1 said:
Nice car Julian and great spec. As a matter of interest, where is the oil tank sited? Or is that it at the top of your last photo? Any chance of a better picture of it?

Cheers, :)

Here is a better picture

Attachments

• MVC-009g.JPG
    MVC-009g.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 419

Malcolm

Supporter
When I last rode in this car, quite some years back now, the oil tank was down the passenger footwell! Quite tricky for a passenger I seem to remember.

Keith

Cool, thanks Julian. Malcolm, I would have though from a purely competition angle that the pasenger footwell is probably the best place for it at least from a weight/cooling viewpoint. What does the team think?

oil tank location

Not too sure in the cabin is a good idea, must chuck off a bucket load of heat when being driven hard and 40s aren't exactly known for their cool cabins as it is...

Best left where it is me thinks..:)

Malcolm

Supporter
I also wouldn't think it complies with regs by having potentially flammable liquids in the cabin. Also longer lines = more weight! The other cars I have seen with oil tanks have them close to the engine.

Chevvy

At last.. someone else with a GT40 with a Chevvy! Welcome! I hope to have mine back on the road within a month after a long rebuild caused when the oil pressure faded away....

Back