G'day!

HI all, new member who couldn't be further away from building a kit... for the time being...I've been captivated by the GT40 since seeing my first pics in my first year of high school (the Ford bit was just a bonus for mine), and at some stage I'd like one.A couple of the recent threads piqued my interest, including the 917K one, and the photo of Allan Moffat with the Mach II driveline (Moff was a childhood hero of mine, before he defected to drive rice-burners... and before I grew up enough to forgive him - he's an all-time legend for mine!). I drive past DRB's premises regularly, pausing to stare wistfully through the gate, and think I spotted Pete's car heading down the Centenary Hwy a couple of months back...Anyway, look forward to following your builds, and hearing the right way to do it, in preparation for a time when the missus and kids leave a bloke to his own devices from time to time, and allow him a bit of pocket money...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Alf, it probably was me you saw on the Centenary I commute on it each day to work. You should drop in to the Famous DRB sausage sizzle, first Saturday of the month and meet the lads. One thing though, they don't like to talk about GT40's.....NOT.

Thanks, Pete. I'll be sure to get down there one Saturday in the not-too-distant future...

I'll have to make a pest of myself down there at some stage...

Back