GTD on ebay

Auction stalled @ £26,700 last time after reserve reduced. This is a re-list currently @ £21,101.

I saw the car in Somerset a couple of weeks ago. Very nice car. I think the owner was looking for about 34K so I would guess the reserve is around that sort of price?

Simon

I'd give them £25k-ish for it but if they're asking £35k on Autotrader I think I'd not get very far. Be interested to see what it sells for eventually.

It finished @ £25,101 the second time if I remember correctly. £25k seems to be all that people will pay for 'older' cars.

Cheers,

Ian

Maybe its due to the perceived build cost for a new car, which is often quoted as being in the mid 30s for a 40. Therefore, why would you buy a s/h older car for the money you could buy & build a new one for. Unfortunately this overlooks the time to build, or the cost to have someone build it for you...
I know not all builds are equal too.

Its a shame as some cars are trully outstanding, but still don't make their true worth imo.

Yes that is probably an issue for resale values - at least with std manufacturer cars the price they are new is "all in" and therefore you have a suitable benchmark. Factor in that "cars depreciate" and you have another problem.

Finally another problem might be that you buy one second hand means that you don't get to pick the options, the exact spec, the colour scheme, etc. So it's theoretically worth a lot less to you than to the person who built it as they would have made it to be exactly their own taste.

Back