Back from RCR - Feb 28th

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Back from another Red Eye trip from RCR, and thanks again to Fran and the TEAM, excellent bunch of guys taking the time out of their busy day to chat and show me the goodies. Even got directions to the Ford museum this time, and found it!

Car looking hot, here is a couple of shots. I'll post some here and some on the build thread as I'm not really sure where the best spot is...[EDIT : they are all here, I'm too lazy to post again]

This it my favorite, you can see the craftmanship and detail to customer specifications (JUST KIDDING!) -

Attachments

• P1000817.JPG
    P1000817.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Here is the real meat -

Attachments

• P1000792.JPG
    P1000792.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 659
  • P1000793.JPG
    P1000793.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 664
  • P1000795.JPG
    P1000795.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 623
  • P1000797.JPG
    P1000797.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 629
  • P1000805.JPG
    P1000805.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 610

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
A few more...

Attachments

• P1000799.JPG
    P1000799.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 590
  • P1000803.JPG
    P1000803.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 601
  • P1000801.JPG
    P1000801.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 579
  • P1000802.JPG
    P1000802.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 589
  • P1000804.JPG
    P1000804.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 588

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Last few bits...

Attachments

• P1000806.JPG
    P1000806.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 608
  • P1000800.JPG
    P1000800.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 612
  • P1000813.JPG
    P1000813.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 630

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
gt40fran said:
Having seen/sat in your car....you probably had a weener just like that one...
Yes, it was troublesome explaining that to Airport security :D

Thanks again Mr. Hall!

Sandy, your car looks great,maybe all the Calif. RCR owners can get together and we can see all the cars in person.

WOW!! That car is AWESOME!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person.

Fran, you and your crew have done an incredible job. I think you should post a picture of them next to Sandy's car. They deserve recognition for an outstanding job!

Bill D

Bill,

I agree the boys are certainly working hard....

It was great for the guys to put a face to the name and they enjoyed meeting Sandy....

I would post pics but one of my cameras was stolen on my last trip and my other "good" one is being repaired...so I am digitally challenged until next week....

Dave Collins

Supporter
Sandy, the car looks great, Fran's team have sure done a great job.

I see you have Willans harnesses fitted, are they the shorter Westfield or Caterham type or one of the fuller length models?

Fran - I hope your camera gets fixed up as I can't wait to see more pics of the great work you guys are doing.

Dave

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks all, and yes, you should put some faces to the team!

One thing that I forgot to comment on is how great the roll cage came out. Hard to see in the photo, but the hoop and the swing out bars make it really nice. Easy ingress and the engine compartment is clean without the rear hoop. Might even be able to run a full size distro.

Just very happy to say the least.

BTW I would take the Oscar Mayer Weiner Car in a second. Might be the only thing cooler the a race car! Kid's and the wife would love it...

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
DC-MXV said:
Sandy, the car looks great, Fran's team have sure done a great job.

I see you have Willans harnesses fitted, are they the shorter Westfield or Caterham type or one of the fuller length models?

Fran - I hope your camera gets fixed up as I can't wait to see more pics of the great work you guys are doing.

Dave

They were the full size ones as I recall. I got them from a place called Bethenia (sp) Garage back east usa somewhere. Just seemed fitting for the car.

Sandy

Ron McCall

Supporter
Amazing Sandy!!! I love everything about it! Just when I thought I was going to have the baddest RCR40 around !!!!!! ;)

The cage looks great! Incredible work Fran!

Looking at those pictures is making me want to buy a set of carpets from Fran.

Sandy,

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!rockonsmile

Very nice work Fran. Your team deserves a round of applause, followed by a round of drinks:D

Cheers,

I can't believe I am going to miss you! I will be there tomorrow!rockonsmile I would have enjoyed meeting you. Didn't distract them to much did you?:mad: ;) Your car looks great. I am going to take a couple hundred pictures of it. My car will be "done" tomorrow.:pepper:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Dean, yes would be good to hook up with the fellow RCR brethrin'

The car should be shipped soon after the Detroit Autorama show. Not sure when Fran can get that going, likely soon after.

Chris - The driving lights are Marchal head lamps and buckets from a Simca 1000. They are old school with the P45T lamps. I got them from the fellow that I got the head lamps from. He is the fellow in Lebanon that sells stuff on Ebay (Linea Veloce I think). Look on some of the older threads about the discussion on them. You can get cool looking Marchal or Cibe headlapms that look good, but hard to find buckets. Ebay is a good source.

[EDIT]
BillP - Yes, I think that would be great! Hopefully meet up north but the locals can also do a burger run or a garage and a beer run :)

Sandy

Last edited:
Back