World Aluminum Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our new aluminum Man O'War 9.5 block on it's way to Prototype Part Inspection. If all is well we'll be delivering these in very early August.
8.2 decks slightly after.
02189_RJ.jpg

Details here:
BILL MITCHELL HARDCORE - Man O'War Aluminum Blocks

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice, very nice! I read that description - it says "These blocks feature six-bolt cylinder head attachment", don't you guys mean ten bolt attachment?

You engineer types really are picky.:)
We add the two bolts at the twelve and six positions to the four existing of each bore to get our magic number.
It really just gave us a chance to make our own special "Six-bolt" heads!
(Dunno why we don't call 'em "six-STUD" heads...)

Big,
Prices are right there on that link page in my post. "Buy Now" button should probably read "Buy Soon"...

Mike Pass

Supporter
That looks really nice Chas. What is the difference between "bare" and "prepped" blocks? How can we get hold of them over in England? Price in UK? Will you be doing them as short or long motors with stroker cranks etc.? Thanks
Mike P

Mike,
Bare blocks include the sleeves and caps only-just like the picture above. The bores are finished to 3.990 or 4.115-your choice and need to be final honed to size. Preps start at this point and are finish-honed to either 4.00 or 4.125 or several .030 size increments between. After machining, they're washed, cam bearings go in, screw-in frost plugs are added and any required pipe plugs too. Install your own cam and rotating assembly and you're on your way. The "Blocks" product page on our sites list the available combinations (in iron) and I'll soon be adding the aluminum numbers. They will mimick the iron choices as the blocks are nearly identical.
We will build every iron combination in aluminum (including the 460) as complete engines, shorts, kits. We're known for our displacements so here's a run-down: in the 8.2 deck we offer 302, 349 and 371. Strokes are 3, 3.47 and 3.47 again.. In the 9.5 deck we build 351, 427 and 460. Strokes are 3.5, 4.0 and 4.250.
We have dealers in UK and Europe to whom we ship regularly but they're not coming up on our "Locator" on the World site. I'll have to fix that.
If you have further interest and for more accurate pricing PM me and I'll get you with the correct person to help you.
Thanks for your interest.

Upon further review: The dealer locator on the World site IS working (Bottom of homepage) and shows that Real Steel of Middlesex is your "local" dealer. See contact info there.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back