A Piece of History

After 40 years a kind person returned this to me.

Attachments

• jpeg.jpg
    jpeg.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 527

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Nice. Now can I get it from you so I can build a Mark IV around it and claim I have an original. :)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim,

Rather reminds of the Watkins Glen 6 hour in 1968. A factory Porsche 908 (I think) crashed and sat oof track until the end of the race. A friend of mine "liberated" the nose section which he was carrying off after the race end. He was accosted by a guy in "PORSCHE" overalls yelling in German. My friend told him in no uncertain terms that "he had to go get his own souvenir!" The German prevailed upon the local contabulary to re-establish ownership. Perhaps you are lucky today the Gendarmes at LeMans were not so accomidating!

Rick

I know the story of the Mulsanne straight incident, Jim, from your previous posts on this forum. What an excellent conclusion to the story. I assume somebody expended a fair amount of effort to track you down as the owner of J6 and return the piece to you.

I know the story of the Mulsanne straight incident, Jim, from your previous posts on this forum. What an excellent conclusion to the story. I assume somebody expended a fair amount of effort to track you down as the owner of J6 and return the piece to you.

Hi

No the person who wound up with it, it was among a huge collection of spares he recently acquired kindly tracked me down and sent it to me.

Best

Jim
It would be fitting to have the piece mounted and framed for hanging on your office wall with some small photos of J6 during her racing years.

Bill D

Back