Windshield Wiper arm for LHD - SPF?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Guys,

I'm on the hunt for a windshield wiper for a left hand drive car. I've noticed that the SPF's have a very nice Mono wiper arm that looks like it would work fine. However they will not sell parts to me as I am not an SPF owner.

Is there anyone that has what I need?

Thanks for your help!

A standard Land Rover Wiper arm will fit. I just took one from a friend of mine and it fits perfect on the RCR Wipermounting.
The "arm" itself is pressriveted to the mounting base. I plan to separete the assembly there and rivet in a arm with one of the new " no spring" very clean looking wiper arms and blades ( i have one on my everday AUDI may be this will fit ) this way i have exactly what i need in terms of arm and blade length ( plus a up to date technologie).

TOM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Not many Land Rovers around here and I've never seen one in the Salvage yards.. Snap a pic of what you have there when you get the chance Tom and maybe some measurements..

Chuck - If I find something on this side of the pond that fits, I'll certainly let you know..

My hope is to find the longer Mono arm to cover all of the driver's side (left on my car) and part of the passenger side.

Hi Randy

here is a pic of a landrover defender wiperarm. THe price for a new one is 8 Euro.
you can see where the wiperarm is attached to the base construction. So taking the arm off and fit any desired arm length shouldn´t be an issue.
wiperarm.jpg

Here is a pic of the wiperdesign itself i plan to use. They are available in all kind of lengths and the should work very well ( althoug not realy a vintage design,but they where ugly anyway)
artimg-SW-1-2-octimex.jpg

I would be happy to source the arm for both of you. BTW so far i know this british stuff is all the same, so also a wiperarm of an old mini or jag should fit.

tom

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks John - Will take a look... One of the items of concern is that the wiper arm fit the small splined drive hub that we have with the GT40 wiper kits..

Randy

The above is snap lock fit to the drive hub. Just find the correct wiper arm to rivet on it and done.
As said i will order one for me anyway one or two more doesn´t matter ( they are cheap). send me your adress and i will send it over to you and chuck

TOM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy

The above is snap lock fit to the drive hub. Just find the correct wiper arm to rivet on it and done.
As said i will order one for me anyway one or two more doesn´t matter ( they are cheap). send me your adress and i will send it over to you and chuck

TOM

Hi Tom,

Very nice of you... Certainly I will cover the expenses... Send to me and I will re-post to Chuck.

Will PM address info...

Thank you!!

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hey Tom,

It'll be a while before I need one but I know I will need one as well. Feel like making it 3 for the shipment? Happy to cover expenses (assuming it's reasonable to ship something that small and light).

Thanks,

CHris

no problem ( tis is nothing compared to be able to stay with you and Bethany for a few days)
i ordered 3 already, will ship them all to randy. So provide him with your adress.

As mentioned you need to replace the riveted in arm to get the correct length with one fitting.

Happy i could help. ( may be anyone else, before i send of the parcel next week)

TOM

Back