greetings from Italy

hi everybody,
i am an italian man who thinks the gt40 is the most beautyfull car ever made!!!:drunk:
i do not own one but i am pretty sure i am going to order a mkI for september.
my choice is a cav cause in Italy ther's an official distributor(dealer).
i know this is not an everyday car but i think i will use it everytime i can especially on normal steet.
can someone help me with my choice?
can i use it almost everyday? are the suspensions or brakes though enough for the street?
my choice for the engine is a 302,have you got some suggests for making it faster without changing drastically the fuel consumption?
thanks to all!!!

Ciao Silvio.

We have GT40 Paolo, and Wanni from Italy.

Io sono italiano, (americano attualmente), ma vivo in ingelterra.

What can I do to help you?

Ciao for now

Where in Italy do you live?

Dom

ciao men,
i am from the ex city of trash "naples" napoli now cleaned by another Silvio:thumbsup:
here the streets are very bad but i love too much the gt40!!!
i have a few questions:
in durability is the cav a good choice or is better the spf?
is the fuel injection good for a 302?

Silvio, if you get a CAV from a dealer local to you in Italy you will be very pleased. I believe the CAVs come finished to a very high level of fit and finish relative to many other producers of GT40 replicas. The spf is also very nicely done but costs a fair bit more than the CAV here in the US.

Yes, you can drive a CAV on the street every day. However, most GT40s are not particularly user-friendly cars - for example, the windows don't roll down so parking garages are difficult if you're required to take a ticket on the way in and return the ticket through the window on the way out. Also, for example, weather sealing is typically not that great in these cars - if you get caught in a major downpour then expect some moist pant legs/shoes.

When it comes to the roads, most GT40s have about 5 inches of road clearance and a low hanging front end which can easily hang up on speed bumps and steep driveways. If you have lots of pot holes and dips and steep streets and driveways in your area then this isn't too friendly to a GT40. The suspension is plenty strong enough to handle the bumps, it's just the clearance you'll need to be concerned about.

Regarding engine choices, a basic 302 with some decent aluminum performance cylinder heads and decent carburetion will put out more than enough horse power - perhaps 350+hp which is loads in a car weighing 2,400lbs. If you're wanting 400+hp then you start to run into difficulties with a transaxle that can reliably handle that output, particularly if driven hard. And, of course, your fuel consumption will go up. My 302 with aluminum performance heads and a basic Holley carb give me about 16mpg all around which is OK for the level of performance.

Take a CAV for a drive at your dealer - you'll be breaking out your checkbook the second you get back to the dealership.

thanks for all cliff,
on monday i will call the dealer for a drive and i hope to get what i dream,a car with heart and soul!!!
i know porsche or ferrari are better for driving everyday and are more comfortable but looks like electrical razor,a gt40 is different,is sexy is aggressive,is unique,is a real car!!!
i love this car and i don't own one, i can't imagine what will happen after a drive,maybe i will use an hammer on the dealer and take home the gt40:laugh:

Back