Jacking points

Hi guys, I have looked all over the site for specific information on Jacking my SPF up with no luck and of course the manual has nothing on the subject. Can anyone tell me where the best spots are.

I have used the front quick jack and the framing area in the rear. Are there any safe areas on the sides of these cars?

Thanks
Brad

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Brad,
wooden ramps are a big help and a low profile hybraulic jack is almost a must have.
I use the quick lifts on the front with a stainless bar on the Jack , and for the rear
I use the rear chassis frame in the gearbox area - with wooden pads if necessary.
Mine is a GTD and the front framework is very strong though I don't know if Mono's are the same.
Dave

I think I would try and stay away from the middle of the car. I picked up an old (large) bumper jack and use it on the quick jacks. You can also use any of the lower suspension pickup points and transaxle cross member. I’ve included a picture of the interior of the sponson where the gas tanks live. The outside of that area is covered by fiberglass and I don’t think the floor would work well either IMHO.

If anyone is interested I have pictures of the gas tanks and filler necks. The filler necks have flapper valves in them for surge control.

Attachments

• IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 335
Back