SUPERFORMANCE GT40 Owners Manual

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Holman Moody installed my crush sleeves to keep the wheel bearings in place. Paul Whitlock, who used to work for Dennis Olthoff, is now at Holman Moody. He would be the source for information on this. Whether or not you could get his cooperation is a question, however.
Crush Sleeve Placement.jpg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
What’s the issue with the parking brake? One car or all? The factory fixes known build issues if they are common I’m sure
BLAS

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Possibly this

and

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
To add a few more:
- wheel alignment figures (if different from original)
- air pressure recommendations (especially for frequently used wheel + tire combinations)
- available tires ( sizes + manufacturers)
- how to exchange coolant and more important how to bleed the cooling system
- change and bleed brake fluid
- what to check on regular basis (e.g. bolts and nuts all around, wear on lower control arm ball joint, etc)

Got the alignment info covered. Ride height too.
Tire air pressure guidelines a bit subjective to most owners preferences and driving style. But some info is included.
A couple wheel and tire combos noted but Avons no longer an option I believe. All wheel options covered…
No info on coolant change-out tips/info found to date.. But coolant pressure/vacuum & evac. a pretty common procedure I would think.
Brake bleeding a pretty straight forward process too. Easy enough for owners to research I would think. Fluids noted. Once again a vac system…
What to check on regular basis is a tough one. Spinners, fluid levels, lighting…. Most people won’t be checking nuts and bolts I have found. Suggestions?

A UK company called Nova acquired the machinery and rights to manufacture Avon tires. They have indicated CR6ZZ tires for Cobras and GT40's will continue.

If no one has asked about the best locations to strap down your car for transport, I think that would be valuable information. Also, the best locations for jacking or lifting the car. I now cross strap through the wheels, but I have no idea if that is the best. I have also strapped around the rear axles and front suspension arms. And can a quick jack be used without damage to the car?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
If no one has asked about the best locations to strap down your car for transport, I think that would be valuable information. Also, the best locations for jacking or lifting the car. I now cross strap through the wheels, but I have no idea if that is the best. I have also strapped around the rear axles and front suspension arms. And can a quick jack be used without damage to the car?
Yes, the GT40 quick jacks are fully structural and can be used. You can fab a cross bar with a stub that fits in a floor jack to use. Weld tabs on the cross bar that locate to the quick jacks to prevent the car from sliding off to the side.

Back