RCR MkI unbuilt kit on Ebay

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting that it's in a crate - I thought all RCR's were shipped as rollers? Appears to be a decent price considering the extras.

Dave L

This car was crated for shipment to meet South American regulations approx a year ago...it was destined for Chile...

Unfortunately the owner was unable to get the kit through customs...

Hi there,

I thought I'd chime in here. I won the auction and am flying out to Maimi to inspect the car and make the final payment.

I just spent a day with Joe at JC performence index who's about an hour away form me. He's got two CAV GTs in the shop. Needless to say, sitting in one and tapping the throttle was intoxicating and solidified my decision to do this. I'm looking forward to building an RCR GT and getting to know you folks in the process. Solvang CA is not exactly the mecca of hot rodding resources but I'm up for the challange.

So now I have the car settled in and in my garage. The body's off and in storage. This weekend I plan on stripping off the suspension and cleaning up the chassis.

I want to celabrate the aluminum chassis. Is leaving it unfinished the way to go or should I do a spray clear coat the exposed engine bay and front clip area? I live in southern California and it won't see much weather except for when I wash it.

I'm leaning toward leaving it bare. The reason is that the aluminum will continue to oxidize and I don;t want the clear coat to bubble and look bad after a few years. I'd rather have it look bare and let the chassis age as-is.

Anyone out there care to comment?

Quote By:J Honeyman
I want to celabrate the aluminum chassis. Is leaving it unfinished the way to go or should I do a spray clear coat the exposed engine bay and front clip area? I live in southern California and it won't see much weather except for when I wash it.

I think that this is more of a preference than a necessity, because the cars rarely see bad weather. BTW I went with the engine bay left bare alloy and had the rest of it coated black. I often thought it might have been nice to have had the chassis coated in aluminum color to make cleaning easy.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You could clean up the metal and have it Clear-Powdercoated...

Mine will be Powdercoated but am not certain which color just yet..

We use Sharkhide Cleaner, then Metal Protectant on our chassis here. If there are any marks on the aluminium we use the cleaner with those green scotchbrite pads.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff

Welcome aboard, I know you will enjoy your new project.

Solvang? isn't that were I get that great split-pea soup?

I think this calls for linden green!

Back