door fitment

does everyones door fit like this? it makes contact with the roof.
i know the pic is small...camera phone.

the door closes fine and all, im worried im gonna scrub the paint eventually from contact.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 381
My door gaps are pretty even all round. I would look at your gaps at the opposite part of the door. You can adjust at the hinges with the nose off.

I saw a few cars at Road America that had 3M plastic film applied over the edge of the doors where it interfaces with the brows (the same kind of 'wrap' that is used to protect the front of cars from rock dings etc.). The film is sacrificial; any wear will impact the film but not the paint, and it can be easily replaced as needed.

I did that to mine as well. Had I kept the car, I had planned to have a custom aluminum or SS plate made for the part of the door that goes under the brows

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
My doors fit evenly and are flush with the body.:heart:
I'm with Grady, mine fit well, I do have the 3M tape on the leading edge that goes into the eye brow area. They are very close (door cab area) but do not touch. There has to be an adjustment somewhere wouldn't you think?

i have 3m where the doors go into the brows, but this is different.
i would think there would be an adjustment, but the front looks like it lines up ok.
when i take a closer look at how to fix this ill report back.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike,

My doors like Grady's fit fine but, the upper and lower hinge points are adjustable.

You need the front clip removed to gain access.

See pic:

Attachments

• 100_0248.jpg
    100_0248.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 296

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike,

The vertical knurled knob is NOT for adjustment but, is in fact a long hinge pin that runs from the upper hinge through the door to the lower hinge (door swings on this pin). It is knurled to allow removal/install.

Look at the pic above...Adjustment is by means of moving the upper and lower brackets as needed; adjustment acomplised by means of loosening and then repositioning the brackets (definately a 2 man job AND protect the paint edges with tape during the process!

Steve P2125

I finally checked mine and I think I can remove the rub with door alignment. When I checked the bolts that need to be loosened, I found two that were already loose - one free spinning. You all might want to check your door bolts. I will post my fix in a few weeks.

Mike

Back