GTD40 Door hinge HELP!

Hi All-
I finally got my car back (in pieces) from the paint shop. Seems that they managed to loose one of the door hinges- left side upper.
It is probably a stretch, but are there any of these hinges still in existence? Looks like I may be in fabrication mode.
I will try to get a picture up here shortly. The hinge has a plate with two 5/16 bolts to fasten it to the frame and a king pin in the forward end of the door that has a small ball joint pivots on top and bottom hinges.
Don't know whether these are specific to GTD's or not.
Probably a Hail Mary but worth a try :)..

Thanks,
Paul

Here are a couple pics of the hinge. This is the lower left.

Attachments

• IMG_2332.jpg
    IMG_2332.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 274
Hi Morten-
Your hinge looks a little different, may talk to my fabricator to see about duplicating the original.
I added a pic here, hope it is not upside down. Think that the car will look stunning in black!!

Attachments

• IMG_2309 (1).jpg
    IMG_2309 (1).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 259
I pulled the left lower hinge off, on closer examination it does look very similar to the SGT.
Will check with them.
Thanks Morten!!

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 208
Something like this?

spherical bearing ID 0.500in
These hinges are exactly the same as I have on my SGTs. Easy to make a new one.
Regards
Morten
I see these spherical bearings are available at bearing supply houses, also see similar bear used on shock absorber ends.
It looks like Southern uses a large nut (?) probably bored out to 1.00 inch with bearing pressed in.
Thanks again,
Paul

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
All machined inhouse, bearing pressed in yes. Also need an m8 or 5/16 bolt in the casing nut to secure it to the steel hinge. Or replicate the one you have. Good luck:)

Back