Custom ground up build

NON GT40 car build, but a custom one off style build.

I have been slowly planning my build for a while now. This will be a strictly track car, I am trying to build the car to meet several goupes specs all at one time, will explain more as I get into the chassis building and design stages. I figured I needed to settle on my engine and drivetrain choices first and then build out from there. I have placed my order with a engine builder/ retailer, a few freinds and family members have had good luck with in the past.

Here is the basics parts or build specs for the engine.

Make and Model-- Ford 5.4L modular

Manufacture-- Modular Mustang Racing

Size and type-- 5.8L 351R stroker, Iron block, DOHC, over bored to 3.700”

Crankshaft-- MMR, billet steel lightened, gun drilled and balanced

Rods-- MMR, billet Aluminum, stroker, polished and balanced

Pistons-- MMR / Manley, 3.700” bore, tool steel pins, notched for
high lift valves, Teflon coated skirts, ceramic coated -18cc
dome tops, turbo ported and lightened, balanced

Heads-- Factory Ford GT500, ported, polished and machined by
MMR, Cams, valves and other items all installed by MMR
Jessel cam followers, oversized valves installed custom turbo grind cams installed

Intake-- MMR custom sheet metal with rear facing TB mount for
2010 Shelby Whippler Mono-blade TB, dual injector bungs on each runner

Turbo Manifolds-- Custom built rear of block mounted style with custom
turbo and wastegate mounts, custom supports off of valve covers for turbos

Turbo system-- Turbonetics GTK-650’s x2, Turbonectics Godvilla blow-off
Valves x2, Precision Turbo 46mm wastegates x2, Custom built 10.5”w x22”L x 3.5”thick intercoolers with dual pass setup in and out at top x2, system set to 10 psi for testing adjustable to 25 psi.

Oil system--- Aviaid 5 stage dry sump system, canton turbo after oiler
And Accusump along with dual remote mount filters.

Electronics-- Fast XFI fuel injection conroler system and XIM ignition
System, RacePak Data logger system

Other important items used-- MMR front and rear block billet supports, billet remote
water pump kit, billet remote oil filter kit, ATI balancer, 140 amp alternator, McLeod modular bellhousing, RSP triple disc clutch and billet flywheel, MSD remote mount coils and plug wires 10mm

Dress up items used-- Leathal Performance Hydro Carbon Valve covers, with
matching coil covers, custom black anodized accessory mounts with matching pulley

Will post more info as I get it and as I get more parts and supplies as I start the rest of the build.

I have not made a lot of progress on getting things togeather for my build as of yet, my everyday job has gotten in the way for the past few weeks.

My plans on this build is to gather most of the major components before I start the actual build and design process so that way I have the need parts for the mock up stages.

The the basic longblock is built and being prepared to be shipped in a few days. I have placed the orders for most of the turbo systems components and other engine components for the build, I have also place my order for a transaxle. I have decieded to go with an Albins AGB 6 speed squential shifting unit, I also ordered several other parts from them.

I am now working on getting other componets ordered for the brake, steering and suspension . Once I have these pieces locked down I will list the parts also.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
An Empire District location! So can you give us a hint of the chassis, body, or other aspects aside from the powerplant?

Ox

Wow, a hybrid engine. Ford Racing and Roush may want to borrow your brain on how you managed to integrate a pushrod Windsor-based block with their modular design...

Make and Model-- Ford 5.4L modular

Manufacture-- Modular Mustang Racing

Size and type-- 5.8L 351R stroker, Iron block, DOHC, over bored to 3.700”

WYOMING - Not a Hybrid motor, It is a Aftermarket modular motor sold by Modular Mustang racing.

Chassis will be a hybrid spaceframe monocoque design.

Monocoque mainbody area ( between the front and rear bulkheads)
Spaceframe front and rear sub areas, taking design idea from the days back when my step-father was building modifieds and late models. The idea is to have both front and rear sub frames removeable and replaceable for upgrades or repair.

The body design has not been set in stone yet, it will. I am trying to get it to fit with in SCCA and NASA rules which follow FIA rules.So the basic deminions will follow these rules.

Darnel A.

Supporter

Rods-- MMR, billet Aluminum, stroker, polished and balanced

build.

Normally, aluminum rods are reserved for drag racing due to aluminum's finite life, curious as to why going that route instead of steel or titanium.

I'm just sayin'...

Darnel

Back