Mk1 Alan Mann Lightweight AMGT40/2 Pictures needed

Hi all

I think I've finally decided on the colour I want my GT40. It's still a long way off but I really like the blue with white stripes combo on this Alan Mann Mk1 car, chassis number AMGT40/2.

2-ex-hawkins.jpg

Does anyone have any images of this car or other Mk1's in the same colour scheme? Also can anyone tell me what blue this is and if known the paint code?

Thanks all

Trev

Does anyone have any images of this car or other Mk1's in the same colour scheme? Also can anyone tell me what blue this is and if known the paint code?

It appears to be a rough approximation of the Shelby paint scheme, as worn by the Shelby Mk 1 cars that won Daytona etc.

There were some variations used in the nose striping to help differentiate the cars, and the graphics changed from one race to the next. Note that the photo below is actually a 'colorized' black-and-white image, and the chosen blue color isn't quite correct:

4195414766_ee6cf8669d.jpg

Other original GT40s have been painted in the same color scheme, such as this one seen at Le Mans Classic:

GT40.jpg

Although the Shelby cars used twin stripes, some owners have chosen to use a single stripe instead, as seen on this car at Silverstone:

Hans-Hugenholtz-1965-Ford-GT40.jpg

The color is (nominally) Ford Guardsman Blue, with Wimboldon White stripes.

Here are the paint codes:

Wimbledon White Codes: Ford code# 1619-A, R-M # A-1633, Ditzler/PPG# 8378, Dupont# 4480

Guardsman Blue Codes: Ford code# 1622-A, R-M # A-1630, Ditzler/PPG# 12832, Dupont# 448

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Another car with the same colour scheme...

Attachments

• 1GT40.jpg
    1GT40.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 455
  • 2GT40.jpg
    2GT40.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 465
Back