1 1/4 inch aluminum T

My project is currently stopped because I cannot find a 1 1/4 inch aluminum T for a water manifold connecting to my Weber's. I do not have the ability to weld aluminum so I am looking for solutions. Does anybody know where I can buy this piece. Thank you. [email protected]

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Welding stainless is a little easier if your "ability" is related to skill versus welding equipment. I tried to do a complicated version of this in aluminum, and eventually completed it in stainless after repeated failures and learning.

Attachments

• 100_5221.jpg
    100_5221.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 316
Fletch, while it's not ideal, if you can't weld aluminum or ss then you could probably make do with soldered copper. In other words, you can probably find a 1 and 1/4 T in copper at Home Depot and then solder on the end fittings you need. For a cooling system running around 1 bar it should be fine. Just an idea.

Seeing its for an ERA, can they not advise you on a Part # or supply one for you ? They seem to plumb their system a little different from others I have seen on this site as per the attached dwg.

Last edited:
Fletch, while it's not ideal, if you can't weld aluminum or ss then you could probably make do with soldered copper. In other words, you can probably find a 1 and 1/4 T in copper at Home Depot and then solder on the end fittings you need. For a cooling system running around 1 bar it should be fine. Just an idea.

I have some copper fittings but I was worried about a galvantic reaction between the metals. Thanks for your input. Jim Fletcher

I have some copper fittings but I was worried about a galvantic reaction between the metals. Thanks for your input. Jim Fletcher

Hi Jim, well, there will be a galvanic delta for aluminum or ss too - perhaps it's greater with copper, but perhaps not. Some smart metallurgist on this site can probably advise whether copper v. iron block/ally heads will cause a greater galvanic reaction than either aluminum or ss.

Is the T to be fitted metal e metal? Or with rubber/hose end fittings?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. I am still working on it. This is a pretty trick car so it has to be first class. I'll get there. Thanks Jim Fletcher

Back