Customer SLC

Just received some pictures from another happy SLC owner.

This car has a Chevrolet race engine with 8 stack injection and a Porsche G50/52 transaxle...and a cross over exhaust
We made the rear window from a mesh screen so the intake can breathe directly through it..with our Carbon race rear wing and front splitter too.

Its primarily been a trackday car so far.....and a nice looking one at that....I dont know if its going to see much street use, now its all shiny and painted...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• HPIM0212 [640x480].JPG
    HPIM0212 [640x480].JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 6,088
  • HPIM0220 [640x480].JPG
    HPIM0220 [640x480].JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 988
  • HPIM0226 [640x480].JPG
    HPIM0226 [640x480].JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,823
  • HPIM0229 [640x480].JPG
    HPIM0229 [640x480].JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,217
  • HPIM0238 [640x480].JPG
    HPIM0238 [640x480].JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 918
  • HPIM0249 [640x480].JPG
    HPIM0249 [640x480].JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
Alex likely very much :thumbsup:

Could a rear mesh window be made that might accommodate, oh, say, a twin throttle body application ... i.e., allow it the room it needs to poke through the window and fully breathe, and allow rear enginebay heat to easily dissipate, all the while looking good......

:thinking2:

Dont know Alex...you let me know how you get on...

Caleb came by the other day to measure up for you.

Last edited:
Dont know Alex...you let me know how you get on...

Caleb came by the other day to measure up for you.

Alexisisisisisisiis ....... determined to make things fit inside an SLC that weren't meant to fit :lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

was this a customer build or was alot of the work done by professional car builder? what was the approx build time? car looks absolutley amazing, nice work!

Damn, that two-tone looks better than I imagined it would and I already thought the cars line were a natural fit for it.

Wherabouts is this one located?

Is this the formerly Black Gel Coat 410 sprint car engined car?

Looks nice Fran - I'm sure it helps many visualize what a Silver car will look like. Since many are contemplating Silver as part of their color choice.

Sorry Howard..

there are lots of SL-C owners that dont hang out on the net...

I was actually going to paint my shop car in a deep anthracite/Gunmetal grey with oxblood red leather interior...but I will save that for another SL-C ...my road car sometime maybe....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I dig the tri-Y crossover exhaust....does it have the same tone as an equal length "bundle-of-snakes" exhaust?

Cheers from Doug!!

Fran, I noticed the more angled pinion in the rocker for the rear shock.
Is that standard now and is it just for a more parallel load path for the pushrod or is there something else to it?

The angle is exactly the same...

the upper chassis tube on all of the cars after chassis #5 was rotated to remove the angled mount...ease of manufacture dictated this...

Thank you Fran for posting pics. I appreciate all the kind comments.

Doug, this is a set of true 180 degree headers, so the tone is unique.

Howard, sorry, but there are an amazing number of different silver colors available. This is painted in Reflex silver and Platinum grey with black accents on the splitter and sides. I used carbon fiber for the wing supports as well.

I have to say the car is just amazing on the track.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Dan, nice to "meet" you. I saw your car when I was at RCR the first time. It was sort of the inspiration for my SBC/G50 SLC. So how loud is it? Do you think the cross over has reduced the noise level any? Have you ever had a DB meter at the track give you a reading. I would love to run my car at Laguna Seca some day but they are the very tight on noise level there.

Anyway, if I can get it down to 100 DB that would be a good start. Didn't your car have a 4 into 1- H pipe style exaust on it at the beginning? If so how did that work out for you? Buy the way do you still have that old exaust system? I might be worng on this, I have looked at a lot of exaust systems.

Again nice to hear from you.

The angle is exactly the same...

the upper chassis tube on all of the cars after chassis #5 was rotated to remove the angled mount...ease of manufacture dictated this...
Thanks for the clarification Fran, I didn't know this was an earlier chassis. I was a little confused because I couldn't see any advantage in rotating the pivot axis on the rocker as it is already very close to perpindicular with the pushrod.

I have to say the car is just amazing on the track.
How does the G50-52 shift on the track and what mods have you done to it?
Mind sharing your engines power curve/output?

With all these questions between Howard and I, I bet you regret chiming in ;)

Back