Does a "Keel" Mean a boat?

Keith

In KFC, a 'keel' can mean the breast of a chicken :laugh:

In the hope that indeed it means boats, herewith a photo of an event that has taken 2 long years: namely the hoisting of the ensign which means "owner on board"

Mainly due to health reasons I have been unable to use her at all, but last Sunday I girded my loins and got aboard. Didn't go out but at least I got on. It was probably pushing 85 degrees F and was short of oxygen so I was bolloxed frankly, but it was still a great moment and a grand birthday present to myself.

To all those who are able to simply jump in their favourite toy and enjoy, I cannot tell you what this moment meant to me.

We have the big 'J' Class racing here July 18-21st, 6 of them!!!! This is obviously my next big target to get out there and take some photos.. :thumbsup:

J Class Regatta - Solent 2012
RR001.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

Congratulations,

I know being on the water always makes me fell better. 5, J Boats that would be something to see! If you make it out, please post some photos.

J Boats.......... The best ever.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Hey, Keith!!! Five J-class boats?? Lucky you!! years ago we had Endeavor and Shamrock here on the Chesapeake, after Endeavor was restored by Liz Meyer. That was two Js, and it was quite well attended. I can't imagine five out there- of course the Solent is much larger in sea room than we have here.

Glad you are getting some sea time. Mine consists of paintwork on my boat, now that the GT40 is more or less wrapped up. I start sanding tomorrow. Oh, it's today. Uh oh.

What make of boat is Rum Runner? Handsome little craft.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ah, now there's a thought......:shifty:

"silence... I kill you!" From ventriliquest (hope it's spelt that way) Jeff Dunham and his puppet, Achmat the dead terrorist. Kill....keel.... Just joking around.

Cheers
Jackal

Keith

"From ventriliquest"

Hope you find one! :laugh:

No, seriously, we got that Jack (Al)

Thanks mate,

Keith

Back