Driver lineup for the Charge of the Headlight Brigade

Team Superlite Cars announces driver line-up for 2012 Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13-hour enduro at VIR

This year the 01 car will be driven by a team of GrandAm drivers that have a combined 31 top-5 finishes, 18 podium finishes and 8 wins in the competitive GrandAm Continental Tires series.

"Rocket" Ryan Ellis, factory driver will lead off with brothers Matt and Tim Bell combining to form a powerhouse that should be fast and furious at Virginia International Raceway on October 27th.

Ryan has plenty of laps at VIR, the site of numerous race wins, including a win with the VW TDi Cup cars. He was the 2011 GrandAm ST Rookie of the year, and has scored wins in each of his seasons in GrandAm racing. Racing for the i-Moto team this year, Ryan helped them clinch the team championship with a thrilling final race in the rain.

Matt finished 2nd in points this year driving a Camaro for Stevenson Motorsports in GrandAm, and looks to be fast for this race. Tim also drove a Camaro, but for Mitchum Motorsports and finished 19th in the points chase. Both of the Bell brothers are from Los Altos Hills, CA.

Come out to see the race at the track-- it's the last race for the 01 car this year-- or follow the times on the Race Monitor app on your smartphone or Ipad.

Slide1.jpg

Hmmm, VIR is in my neck of the woods. Just added the event to my calendar and will try to make it.

Is anyone else attending?

Last race of the 2012 season....not last race "period".....the plan is to take the shop RCR LMP1 (not calling it caddy) for TT and the SLC for SU to the races next season...or visa versa

Last edited:
VIR race is this weekend

The race is this weekend at VIR! I'm still thinking about attending, if the weather holds out.

Shark are you still thinking about attending?

Anyone else???

Last race of the 2012 season....not last race "period".....the plan is to take the shop RCR LMP1 (not calling it caddy) for TT and the SLC for SU to the races next season...or visa versa

No 25 Hours of Thunderhill??????

Good luck to the 01 team!!!

We will be at a private practice day on Thursday, then qualifying on Friday for the race on Saturday.

Come out to VIR if you can- the weather is supposed to be perfect, and the track is wonderful.

The competition will be stiff this year with more professional teams showing up from all over the country. This year there are teams from Canada, California, and all over the East coast.

But then, they aren't driving an SLC, either... :)

This should indeed be a very exciting enduro. Looking forward to some good videos. ( hint hint to our local correspondents?) Best of luck to the 01 Team; and for a 13 hr hi speed enduro, much luck is always essential.

beer2.gif

Hey guys make sure to follow us all weekend as everyone has said! It's nice to know we have a crowd following us and cheering us on. The car will be great as usual and we should be a ton quicker overall without the fuel pickup problem we faced last year. I've asked the other drivers to bring some GoPro's so we'll see how much video we can get!

Good luck this weekend Ryan. I am looking forward to watching you all kick some out there. Wish I could be there in person.

What is the best way to follow you over the weekend?

Erik Johnson

Good luck this weekend Ryan. I am looking forward to watching you all kick some out there. Wish I could be there in person.

What is the best way to follow you over the weekend?

Erik Johnson

The RaceMonitor app that you can buy on iPhone/iPad/iAnythingElse will be showing live timing. I will also be tweeting from my twitter account (@ryanellisracing) quite frequently and the Superlite account (@superlitecars) a little less frequently...they will mostly be fed off of my account anyhow. I recommend checking my twitter page and the live timing because I can't tweet while driving!

Re: VIR race is this weekend

Bill, not sure yet. I'm watching the weather (Hurricane) and depending on it's track it may bring some adverse weather to the area - hopefully it stalls or turns out to sea. At the moment Sunday/Monday weather is dicey. Saturdays weather seems to be changing daily as I watch the predictions. It'll be a last minute call -- Sharkey

The race is this weekend at VIR! I'm still thinking about attending, if the weather holds out.

Shark are you still thinking about attending?

Anyone else???

Latest pic from Ryan

I was thinking to do exactly that to the side window. In a busy race garage, pushing different cars about is a constant happening. Is it still fairly easy to control the steering wheel and push at the same time with that window setup? I would think easy going backward but not so easy going forward unless you can easily push on some of the cage?

A6EOrUzCIAAMJCF.jpg

Last edited:
LOL,.. this is much more fun than a photo.
Here is some video from Ryan's practice today at VIR.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSTAv80eGo4[/ame]

Back