Driver lineup for the Charge of the Headlight Brigade

Very cool Video!

Saturday's weather forecast is mid 60s, 20% rain, 12MPH wind. In other words, a nice Fall sweatshirt kinda day.

I'll check the weather tomorrow morning and post my travel plans.

Holy &*^%, see the size of those rumble strips... last time I was there I don't remember seeing them being so gigantic. Ryan straddled them one time. Good driver & car to handle that. Pretty easy to unsettle an ill handling car. The SLC is going to take a beating for this long of a race- lap times as fast as 2.00... that's a fast lap at VIR. This will be a test of man and machine... keep us posted.

Holy &*^%, see the size of those rumble strips... last time I was there I don't remember seeing them being so gigantic. Ryan straddled them one time. Good driver & car to handle that. Pretty easy to unsettle an ill handling car. The SLC is going to take a beating for this long of a race- lap times as fast as 2.00... that's a fast lap at VIR. This will be a test of man and machine... keep us posted.

They added those for the AMLS race. I do not dare go over them in my car, but if you can. They added other items and if used can make the track faster and possibly safer. Hog Pen is still fast and can bite you bad if not on it.

I can not wait to get my SLC, finish it up and see how much full VIR full will be with it.

2:00 lap. I would not be supprised to see them do sub 1:55 tomorrow and maybe even break the 1:50 mark with a super flying lap, not that it looks like it is needed with the other lap times I was looking at with race monitor in practice.

I get to work tomorrow so I will have race monitor up all day. It shows weird times on race monitor 10-26 from 5pm-10pm and 10-27 9am-12pm. I thought the race started at 8am and went for 13 hours?

Via Ryan's twitter:

A6Kp3zQCUAArwqJ.jpg:large

That engine sounds wonderfully un-fussed about throwing the little SLC around the track like a rocket ship! Nice video.

What cam system is that? The exposure is super, allowing the viewer to see what's going on outside and inside.

Ron Earp

Admin
The race keeper application rocks. I was using it last weekend and loved it.

Can someone let us know what the grid looks like, i.e., top ten cars or is that it from the screen shot?

Ron

The VIR weather forecast still looks good for today. Temps in the mid 60s, 10% chance of rain, cloudy and 10-15MPG wind.

Sounds like a great day for a road trip to VIR. I should be there around 2-3PM today.

Anyone else going?

Wish we had a live update. This is the only twitter from Ryan so far, 2 HR ago:
Ran the whole stint minus one lap in the lead! Still 11 hours to go. Anything can happen]
The 01 still has the fastest lap times but is now 8 laps back in 42nd position after completing 82 laps! There was definitely some kind of problem. Hope it was fixed for good!
time to go:
9:23 hrs

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
If you have a smart phone download this $5 application:

Race Monitor for RMonitor

You can get realtime results of nearly any race anywhere.

Damn, looks like something bad has happened. They lead for around 50 laps or so with a clearly unbeatable laptime hovering around 200-205.

Right now they are on lap 84 while the leader is on lap 99.

update: Now with 9 hr to go, the 01 SL-C appears to be retired from the race. :(
It did, however, have the fastest lap which is 8 sec faster than the race's leader fastest time.
That's a bit of good solace from it all. The 01 car exhibited its very fundamental superiority for the first 82 laps.

I guess that lines up with my praise for the relaxed sounding engine. Clearly BAGS of torque. Must be hard on a clutch?!

Bad luck guys, but what a great effort! And clearly an awesome machine!!

Back