SLC turn lights

Howard Jones

Supporter
What are you guys using for front turn lights? I want to use LED types. Something about 2 inches in diameter or a bit less and amber using a flat surface mount would be good.

I was wondering if something like this would be possible, while still retaining the headlight assembly's DOT approval:

(Don't mind the side vent, as that is another discussion, and please excuse the terrible photo-editing (Microsoft Paint is terrible). As bad the editing is, I think that it gets the headlight idea across...)

As compared to stock:

It would basically entail the addition of some "eyebrows" to the headlights, AND it would require that the turn signal bulbs/housings be lowered a couple of inches... Would lowering the turn signal negate the DOT approval of the headlight? Thx,

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I use these "Grote" lamps due to them being DOT legal and easy to find locally. Grote Industries: Product #G3003 - Yellow. They use the same pigtail as the lights that come with the kit.

I sand the housing a bit at the base so they fit perfectly in the recess. These are the same lamps as supplied with the kit only they are 9 LEDs instead of a single incandescent bulb.

Last edited:
Back