rubber plugs

There was a thread on someone's build where rubber plugs were shown in the foot well sidewall. I've scanned thru some builds but can't find it. I would like to know where the plugs were purchased. Thanks, Al

There was a thread on someone's build where rubber plugs were shown in the foot well sidewall. I've scanned thru some builds but can't find it. I would like to know where the plugs were purchased. Thanks, Al

Al, try McMaster-Carr, that's were I sourced all of my gourmets and plugs. Huge selection.
Jim

Yup, it was my Rumbles SLC Build thread. It was a plug to cover the brakeline hole, if you relocate the brakeline away from the driver's/passenger's feet.

How about some part numbers!

It seems like I spend quite a bit of time looking for just that right part. Here are my most recent finds:
  • I moved my front brake lines forward to give me some additional room in the foot box. That left a gaping hole to deal with. Fortunately, Steel Rubber products HQ is just 30 minutes from me. I went there today and rummaged thru their parts and found a plug to cover the original brake line hole. Steel Rubber Products PN 35-0197-31 works great. You will need to enlarge the hole from .6” to .75” to use the plug. See Pic below.
  • The optional front lift kit does not include grommets for where the fluid line passes thru the tub wall. Steel Rubber Products PN 32-1069-20 is a perfect fit.
  • A few days ago, I mentioned that I found the adapter for the Porsche/BMW clutch slave cylinder. The adapter works, but requires an additional brake line to be fabricated to connect the dots. I found a much cleaner solution today at CV Products. PN FRA650307 is an adapter that fits the slave cylinder and then connects directly to a standard AN-3 flex line.
attachment.php

Back