6994149-9938-02000180-.jpg

G

Re: Here\'s something you don\'t see everyday

COOOOL.
Check out the unique Weber ???? set up.
Who's car/kit ????
cool.gif

It's a CAV that the guy just had the DOHC V8 sitting around and wanted to use.

G

Wow
shocked.gif
That gives me an idea! I wonder where I can find a Cosworth Ford V8?

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I wonder where I can find a Cosworth Ford V8?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try Langford Performance Engineering in the UK. Run by an ex Cosworth engineer, Dick Langford. They have the rights from Cosworth for several older engines including DFV, DFR, and DFZ.
http://www.racecar.co.uk/langford/index2.html

From reading Race Car Engineering (I wish North American magazines were half as good), there are a large number of people running the engines in hill climb and historic F1 cars.

shocked.gif
That is a really sexy bit of kit. Pity it isn't a bit lower in the chassis, btw, what transaxle is that?
smile.gif

With the DOHC setup, looks to be an interesting time creating the "bundle of spaghetti" exhaust--
grin.gif

Wayne, please update us with more photos as the build progresses!

Heh...my first impression is someone has WAY too much money...then I was a bit baffled as to why one would put a Masserati motor in a Ford replica but I guess I don't have to worry about having spare exotic motors lying around and having trouble spending all my money hehehehe.

Must be nice
grin.gif

Greg, Skip Barber had a Cosworth DFV V8 in an old March F1 a long time ago. I think it was a DFV. I get Cosworth names all screwed up... DFV...BDA....BDD....FVA.. there are too many!
wink.gif

Just think, every time you get to adjust valve lash, you'll get to remove the exhaust!
grin.gif

Wayne, thanks for posting the pictures. I haven't heard anymore about this car since Bob Lacey sent me these same photos some months ago. Do you know if the car has ben finished and if so how is it working out?

Back