GT40 Enthusiasts Club Annual Geneal Meeting

The 2002 AGM is being held at the Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwick ,UK on 9th March 2002, starting at 12.00.

All current members, and everyone who has been a member during the last 5 years or so but hasn't renewed for some reason has been written to telling them what is happening with the club.

Basically the club has been having a difficult time over the last couple of years, and a group of members who were concerned about the future of the club have put their names forward for election to the committee andtake a prominent role in the running of the club for the benefit of all members.

We are looking forward to a very succesful future for the club.

If you want any more info about the AGM or about the club please contact me.

My phone number is +44 (0) 2380 696015 or my e-mail address is

[email protected]

CHRIS EDWARDS
SECRETARY

About 40 members have now rejoined following the letter sent to them about the bright future facing the club.
The 2002 AGM should be a very positive event. You can get into the Gaydon site free and attend the AGM and can pay to visit the museum separately, or have a go on the 4X4 track if you wish.

If anyone wants more info on the club, please contact me.

Hi Chris

I will attend and take lots of photo's and post them here on the forum. So to all members out there bring your 40's with you,

Chris Melia
wink.gif
wink.gif

fe108452.jpg

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Thanks Chris

We have a display space allocated immediately outside the main door to the Heritage Motor Centre, so hopefully we can put on a good display for other vistors to the museum.

Last year, the weather was dreadfull, and only a few owners brought their cars, so lets hope for better this year. I don't think we'll beat the 36 cars which attended in 1999 and 2000 but hopefully we'll still put on a good show.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Chris E and Chris M
I wasn't going to put my car back on the road till April but i have now decided to get it ready for the AGM.
I had a head gasket go last November and have just got round to taking the heads off.
As long as it isn't hissing down and there is no salt on the roads then it will definately be there.
Brian.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Cris, Cris and Brian,

G'day from Australia !!!!

The F1 starts in a couple of hours here in not so sunny Melbourne and I have to go to the International Motor Show and will miss it, first time in 6 years !!!!

I thought I would just drop a line on this thread to show my support to you over there. I will contact you Cris E. to renew my membership and I am so glad that some of theold team are back at the helm so to speak. As an international member now, the only thing that we get for our membership is the copy of Fortification. It is imperitive that this is produced at regular intervals and has content. I will send over some articles for the magazine to Brian.
I also believe that Ken Saunders should be given some role in the club, an honourery one to recoginise the huge work that he has done over the years.
Look forward to seeing you all at Le Manns this year, maybe with a car !!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

Don't forget the club AGM at Gaydon this Saturday. ( 9th March)
It starts at 12 noon and there is a display area right outside the main entrance for your cars.
Admission to the Gaydon site is free, so it won't cost anything to attend the AGM but you will have to pay a discounted club rate to go into the museum itself after the AGM.

SEE YOU THERE !!

Cars at the Enthusiat Club AGM 9th March 2002
fde209a4.jpg

fde209a6.jpg

fde209a3.jpg

fde209a2.jpg

fde209a0.jpg

fde2099c.jpg

fde209a1.jpg

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Hi Chris
Nice Pic's I take it my cheques in the post !!!!
Keep taking the pictures, your input into the Forum is much appreciated.
One thing that bothers me is where are going to fit the baby seat in the Forty???
Ian

Chris,

How did that Europa sneak in there?

That thing certainly has some custom body

alterations. Any details? As a former Lotus

owner, I'm curious. Maybe a small block Ford

stuck in the back?

Bill
grin.gif

Hi Bill

Its a Lotus on the outside but a 40 on the inside. Ford 347cu in and G50 box

Chris.