GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > GT40 Replica Manufacturers' Corner > Superformance GT40s

Superformance GT40s Sponsored by Superformance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
kepetersen
A Tenth
United States

GT40: SPF Mk I
GT40P/2192 on YouTube

I recently took P/2192 to Sebring International Raceway during a NASA track day (HPDE) event. Some of you will recall from a previous post that it was here that my engine ate the distributor about halfway through the weekend, so we had very limited runs. Also, we were having issues with what seemed like the rev limiter kicking in early in certain gears, so it affected the shift points. We're not sure if this was somehow related, but Keith Craft is promising to sort it out (with the ever helpful Dennis Olthoff taking the lead).

Anyway, you won't see any blazing fast runs, but you will hear the sweet sound of the engine with its unmuffled megaphone exhausts. The video also shows the route around one of the nicest tracks in the country an ideal one for the GT40. This is the long course used during the Sebring 12-hours Race. A lot of GT40 history has been made here (just not with my car). Click on the link below:

YouTube - Ford GT40 Lapping at Sebring International Raceway

Kim
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
pattersonlee
Rookie
United States

Re: GT40P/2192 on YouTube

That is one sweet motor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 22nd October 2008, 02:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
p thompson
Administrator
United Kingdom

GT40: None

Thanks for posting that Kim - Sounds AWESOME!!

I think that anyone who drives/passengers in a 40, or other big V8 powered motor for that matter, is smitten with the sound - if they aren't, they are either deaf - or dead...
Too Many Hobbies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Too Little Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
MartinGough
4 Tenths
United Kingdom

GT40: SouthernGT40

Hey Kim that's one sweet ZFQ Transaxle aswell. Hope you get the engine sorted quickly.
Chris and I will be over in Florida displaying the transaxle at the PRI show, it would be great to catch up if your about.
Old 22nd October 2008, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
evomind
2 Tenths
United States

GT40: SPF 2223

that was awesome..
Old 22nd October 2008, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
chuck 1
8 Tenths
United States

GT40: CAV

Very nice Kim, Sebring is a great track and one that I would love to drive some day. Was that a Radical in front of you near the end? Do you think the GT could hang with one of those routinely? I was in Homestead a couple of weeks ago at a Mercedes AMG driving event, really great fun. We got to drive most of the AMG cars as well as a few CLK65 Black series cars. I have never had my GT40 on the track but i hope to as soon as I get a new motor in.
Kirkham 427 cobra- 427so
Old 23rd October 2008, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
somelee
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States

GT40: Ford GT/SPF Mk1

awesome...! thing sounds great...even with the misfires! I hope to drive that track someday it looks like a blast.

Thats was a radical that you were just about to pass! Nice job. As an owner of a Radical SR3 and a GT40 I feel slightly qualified in saying that I highly doubt the 40 could keep up with a Radical if the drivers skills were equal. Those little things are fast and the handling is amazing on em' .....that being said the 40 does still go like stink.....and how can you beat that sound!

do you race your car? and if so what class?

thanks for posting the video...made my day.