01X shif pattern

Does anyone know how the shifter moves on the gearbox for each gear on the box???

ie:
1st - in and forward
2nd - in and back

etc

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian,
Here is a pic from my build log. I am using a modified Brandtwood shifter from Fran (modified in the fact that I modified it).

attachment.php

Adrian,
I assume you mean the selctor arm? It is a temporary arm that I was using in the photo. It needs to be suitable for the amount of travel you have on the cables.

I can measure, when I get a chance to get to the garage.

Brett

To make sure I have this right, with the lever as you have it in your pic is this right? And how do you find 1st and 2nd???

From the nutral shaft position

1st - ????
2nd - ????
3rd - nutral position and forward?
4th - nutral position and back?
5th - out and forward?
6th - out and back
Rev in and back??

doing this from memory

1st - in a bit and forward
2nd - in a bit and back

Reverse - all the way in and forward

Its hard when you don't have a mechanism linked up to find 1/2, as you always end up putting too much pressure in the selector shaft and invariable select Reverse.

I need to stabilise the rear plate, as it moves under selection, I will probably weld a piece to the cross cable plate.

I've seem to have lost my drawing that I did when I made the selector arm, but could try and measure again at the weekend (if the wee man lets me in the garage for 10 mins!)

When facing the gear selector shaft of the gearbox, reverse is full in then rotated CCW or anti-clockwise. Reverse, 1, 3, and 5 (as you move out from reverse in succession) will be CCW from the neutral gate, and 2, 4, and 6 will be CW (clockwise) from the neutral gate. With the neutral gate at rest, it will give the 3, or 4 selection. From memory, but I think that's it.

Andy

Thank you gents for your help, I have found all of my gears!!!!!

Now anothe question, where are you getting the adaptor that goes over the selector shaft?

I made it on my mini lathe out of 32mm aly. I've been looking around, but it appears that when my previous hard drive got corruptted it was one of the files that was lost.

I'll try to get to the garge to take some pics for you, but judging by the past 3 months, I can't promise anything.

Brett

Back