RWYB Dates

• Sun 25th April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mon 3rd May

• Sat 15th May

• Total voters
Sounds like a real fun event, I'm up for it.

Worrying picture Paul, sure it's not your sister /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif! and was she riding or just posing?

Hi Dave -
She! - I mean I, was just posing! -

Nope, two nitro burning Kawasaki 990s is toooooo stupid (read brave) for me! It was Rod Pallant's steed and a group of us helped crew for the weekend.....happy days!...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This post is to list all who have shown an interest in attending.

Paul Thompson / Roy Smart
Dave Parker
Julian Kingston-Smith
Frank Catt / Ian Catt
James Philips (if build is complete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
Malcolm MacAdam ?? (pending on any Fiat 500s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
Rob Walter aka Maxiboy?? (get her ready!!)
Chris Edwards
Brian Magee
Martin Weigold
Andrew Fordyce
Ian Perrys
Dave Champ
Mike Inglis aka Jasper?? go on... you know you want to!
Tony Hunt

I make that 14 Drivers / 12 cars definate so far and 3 'possibles' that we'll have to work on.

Should be a blast!

The hell with it, I'll give it a whirl.
That's assuming the planned surgery to get me into my '40 has gone successfully (presently a toss up between new pedals and losing a couple of feet off the ends of my legs!). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Please keep us up to speed with dates, arrangements etc, Paul.
Should be a good opportunity to blow away the winter cobwebs and get organised for next summer's fun.

Hi Paul
Is there any reason why I have been excluded from your list after asking to play !
I notice my name has not been listed, would it be because I have a Tornado and it's a GTD event, or is it because I smell !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Regards
(Unwanted) Ian

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well Ian, mine & Chris' are KVAs and JP's is an MDA, so I guess it's not because of that.

Phew, what is that smell? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Max

Well Brian, If Roy was in the country I'm sure he would defend me, after all we did sleep together on our way down to Le-Man's last year, and listening to his arse playing God save the Queen all night..........or perhaps I should'nt be going down that road !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
smelly Ian

Pink Skunk Racing will be there, as long as Paul wears his Nun's Habit. Don't know what we will be racing though????
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ian,

There are two KVAs and a MDA so draw your conclusions, hasn't Roy told you yet - not even in St. Malo - that man is a saint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Perry -

Tornado - no problem!
Smelly - would'nt notice as I have a cold at present!

Real reason - I'm blind! - I laughed so much about your Catweasel observation that I got no further in your post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(list updated and will continue to be)

This is sizing up for a great event and should be a bundle of fun!! - I will keep all posted on details as I have/finalize them. Anticipated date will be late April / early May 2004.

Mike, even if I still had the clothes, which I don't, getting into them would require some major surgery and would not be a pretty sight!

Dave - great mop!! - Groooooovvvvyy...

I can arrange the major surgery! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Charles, is that a CCTV clip from Crimewatch?
Love to All
Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Crimewatch, but similar!
That photo was taken late on at the Great British Beer Festival in August using one of those mobile phones with a camera. In my defence, it wasn't posed and I have no recollection of it being taken.
Charles

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
after all we did sleep together on our way down to Le-Man's last year

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you both fall asleep at the wheel(s)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Can Roy play any other tunes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Max

Hi Paul
If she's back on the road by then (and KVA's are welcome)
i'm game /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hi all -
Just an update. There are a number of days available for RWYB (Run What Ya Brung) so to maximise numbers, please indicate any preference - I'll kick off with April 25th.

The venue normally opens at 8.00am with track runs starting at 10.00am-5pm. It is recommended you arrive before 9:30am to ensure track-time. They can only accept a limited number of sign-ons, so arrive early to avoid disappointment! Normal admission is £10, plus one-off signing on fee of £15 for unlimited runs. This only applies to RWYB Public Track Days.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They do also arrange 'test-n-tune' days that give more track time with limited entries. Although Driver signing on fees go up to £50 pre booked or £60 on the day. If you are interested in attending one of these, mail me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Santa-Pod is located at:
Airfield Road
Podington
Wellingborough
Northants
NN29 7XA
England

Finally - I have attached a word file issued by the Pod that details the RWYB rules...
(Drive it like you stole it James? - or mash the throttle and box Ron?)

Attachments

• 29958-RWYBFactSheet.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 334
I'm gonna enter all 3 and get my 11 sec run. Got some bloody great evostick tyres. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back