2307 is alive!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Oh I like those skid guards, looks like a new project for me. I've decided to keep my car, it took me a couple weeks after Monterey to cool off, there will be a number of changes coming up after I finish a couple more projects.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
What happened in Monterey?
Age related issues, a 2000 lb pressure plate, several bouts of 20-45 minute stop and go traffic. The car did great the old man behind the wheel was dreaming of an automatic with good all around vision, AC that you could hang meat and radio you could hear. I'm over it now. When I change the cam I'm going to send the pressure plate back to McLoud as they sent me the wrong one, there response after I found out was "just send it back!". Yea right

Jack, Glad to hear you're keeping the car. Like you though there are certain things I don't like doing in mine. Stop and Go is a big one....especially when going into a show and they have a HUGE line of cars registering and you move 10' and stop, move 10' and stop....clutch in, clutch out. Not good for me or the car. The other thing you mentioned was "just send it back." Steam comes out of my ears when I hear that. Easy for you to say is all I can think of among a few other choice things I'd like to say!

MMurphy, As for the mirrors...I'm using a set of Replica Ray Dots with convex (or is it concave?) lens and they are placed in about the same location. They give me a wide look because of the lens design especially on the passenger side where its needed most in my LHD car.

Trying to attach a video link, hope this works. If it does, I will work on a better video.

Mike"s Superformance GT 40 - YouTube

GGGGGRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, the damn mirror problem! (which I cannot solve either.)
Ciò che è dietro di me non importa.

Otherwise, everything a GT40 should be! Gawd its nice! (sorry Jack, the red just doesn't do it for me.) I'll always remember the first car to start up the morning of the race - what a glorious sound. Then, upon shut off, the silence is golden!

Happy Motoring!

Jack, Great news. I was really bummed after talking to you in Monterey. I went back and forth on the nose guard, but at the end of the day, i knew I would scrape the nose someday and I didn't want to see all the scratches in the paint. Again, glad you are keeping her.

Finally got the front of the car wrapped in a clear to help protect the paint and got the canards and decals installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 349
One more! I thought the Cobra got attention going down the road, the GT40 takes it to a whole different level.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 344

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Beautiful car thanks for sharing those pictures! It will get scratches on it even with the 3M product, just not under it, every time I clean the car with my glasses on I find a new little chip, part of the game of driving them.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is a great looking car Mike. Are you still running the factory brake/clutch reservoir setup? A lot of us found that to be lacking and messy and installed more modern and less leaky units.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Mike:

I'm taking my car up to Dennis' next month for a number of changes, one of which is having him install a reservoir set-up similar to yours. That makes sense for any SPF car.

Dave

Well, I finally bit the bullit and swapped out the mirrors and they were not cheap. Actually, I haven't found anything related to this project to be cheap. The only issue I had was the base plate to the old mirrors left marks in the 3M paint guard and I also found a second set of mounting holes that needed to be covered up. With that said, if I ever replace the clear film, I will have the holes filled and use the standard base plate which will lower the mirror a little bit.

Attachments

• New Mirror 1.jpg
    New Mirror 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 349
  • New Mirror 2.jpg
    New Mirror 2.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 349

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Looks great Mike, I really like how clean your garage is. :thumbsup: Ah, as they say you can't take it with you, enjoy it now before someone wants to tax it or take it from you. :)

Out for a ride Sunday morning to breakfast with the family. Since both are two seaters, the wife drove the Cobra, she's afraid of the 40 and I wouldn't let her drive it anyway, still too new (maybe in 20 years or so). We each had one of the kids with us and coudn't have asked for better weather. The best part was she got all the attention, well, most of it :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 294
Had a nice day at the Buttonwillow track with my buddy in his Z06 corvette. These cars are such a blast, whether on the street or pushing it a little harder for 20-30 mins on the track, it was well worth the wait:pleased:

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 198
I have also attached my very amatuer video showing my rookie driving skills. Actually still getting use to the car and how late you can brake coming into the turns, but even with that my times were 2nd fastest on the upper intermediate group which is just fine with me. The last thing I want to do is go four wheeling throught the desert. My only mission on the day was to beat my buddy and his Z06, which I did by 2 sec:thumbsup:

Back