347 dyno results

I have since updated my '40 from a 4 barrel injection system to a 8 barrel system and had it retuned. I thought I would post the result of this direct change over with no other engine mods other than now having a lot more hard use miles on the engine.

The heavy line on the graph is the 4 barrel system and the lighter line is the 8 barrel system. both are rear wheel horsepower figures.

4 barrel is 342hp peak / 8 barrel is 332hp peak but stronger throughout the entire range.

Interesting is the dip at the top of the rpm for the 8 barrel as opposed to the 4 barrel.

Cheers,
RV

f6ecc07b.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting is the dip at the top of the rpm for the 8 barrel as opposed to the 4 barrel.
f6ecc07b.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting indeed...it's so abrupt that it looks like somebody let off the gas pedal (I realize they didn't). Wow...

Mark,
You might be onto something. I had a play around last night and found the last little bit of depression on the throttle is a little sticky (when you think its on the floor it is not quite) This looks like a linkage that is not quite right. That stickiness just might be the cause of the hollow at the upper rpm limit.

Regards,
RV

the run was done in 4th gear. The gearbox is an Audi AAZ with 4.11 final drive.

I really need a 'box with taller gearing as first is useless and the remainder of the gears are effectively 1 gear to low ie 2nd should be first 3rd should be second etc.
regards,
RV

Back