351w CID 438 going into a new CAV

KeithCraft just completed my engine check out the dyno sheet! Now I have to wait for the roller hopefully I'll get the car by Jan.

Here's some details that Keith posted on the Cobra forum

"Thought you guys would enjoy an engine that was on the dyno yesterday. This engine is an all aluminum 438ci street engine that pumped out 641hp and 595 ft/lbs torque on premium pump fuel from our Fuel Station down the street. This engine made over 500 ft/lbs torque as low as 2800 RPMs, We used: Dart aluminum block, AFR KC CNC 205 heads, Eagle rotating assembly, KC Custom mild street solid roller camshaft w/ upgraded solid roller lifters for endurance, and TWM stack EFI w/ Fast XFI 2.0 electronic fuel injection. This made a awsome little package, starts up as soon as you kit the ignition switch, idles at 800 RPMs and runs great, and is a real head turner at 7K + rpm it is capable of turning. The price for this complete engine was $22,295, I could do this same engine in a cast iron Dart block for $20,199. I will get dyno sheets scanned and added asap.

Keith"

Attachments

• DSC05710.jpg
    DSC05710.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 765
  • Dyno Chart.pdf
    79.4 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Nice motor Alan!

What is the CR? (I would guess just under 11;1?)

Please post a vid when you get it in the car running, Scott

Went with 10.25, could have pushed it 10.5 but if the gas has been sitting in the station it could ping at the higher compression ratio.

Alan

Wow, that is one sexy looking engine! :bow:

What distributor/wire package is that? That would be the look I'm going for on the 347 I'm building.

Francis

MSD distributor and Taylor wires. Like the simple black look. The injection sys is TMW and Fast but their distributor didn't fit
Alan

Alan,
I am looking at a similar motor configuration. Do you have it installed and running yet? If so, how about some details on the results.

Alan, I think you need more hp and tq. The CAV weighs a whooping 2,500-2,600lbs so it's kind of a slug. You'll be really struggling to get below 3 seconds for a 0-60 time. A modern Honda can almost match that these days.

I'm just kidding you.....

Alan,

How is your build coming, specifically, how is the motor performing and our you happy with it?

Mike

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
. The price for this complete engine was $22,295, I could do this same engine in a cast iron Dart block for $20,199.

Those torque and h.p. 'numbers' for that amount of money is nothing short of astonishing...especially compared to the figures I've been given for 'similar' engines elsewhere. :bow: to Mr. Craft!

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
That looks stunning.

I found that if I ran the plug wires under the pipes I didn't have to worry about them getting burned.....

Back